It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
(male)

Enowil HB User
Sudden Blurred/Cloudy Vision in Left Eye

I noticed this morning that the vision in my left eye is blurred or cloudy, with no associated pain. I can't read out of that eye. I wear eyeglasses with bifocals, so I thought maybe the left lens was dirty because I've had this symptom before, and it turned out to be a dirty lens, but I cleaned them and the problem persisted. I've had another strange vision disturbance in the last few weeks, the sensation of blurring or distortion around the edges of my vision in both eyes, but washing my face with a hot bath towel seemed to alleviate the problem. This is different.

I know blurred vision is one of the symptoms of CVA, but I don't seem to have any of the other symptoms. I have had an occasional headache but no more often and no more severe than usual. I have also been dizzy, but I'm trying to wean myself off Paxil. I do have high blood pressure and take medications (Clonidine and Atenolol). I was running short of my meds recently and was rationing them out for a couple weeks to stretch them until I could afford to see my doctor and get my prescription filled, but I've been back on the full dosage for a week today, and my BP isn't high now.

However, having said that I don't seem to have any other symptoms of CVA I am aware that my perspective may be effected, as that is also a symptom of CVA, so I'm very concerned. On the other hand if I'm lucid and in control of my faculties enough to put down this inquiry in an intelligent manner, maybe I shouldn't be so worried, but I am.

So there you have it. I'm worried about this seeming sudden loss of vision acuity in my left eye, worried that I may have had a stroke. I don't have any medical insurance or even a full time job. What should I do? Please advise me ASAP. Should I go to the ER or what? With no insurance I'm afraid they won't see me. Help me decide. Thanks.

Last edited by Enowil; 11-23-2009 at 08:05 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread