It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
(female)

CarbonCopy HB User
My eyes hurt

So I've been wearing contacts since I was 12 and I'm now 24. I can't say that I "followed the rules" when it came to wearing contacts -- I used one pair for months, I slept in them, rarely used eye drops, etc. They never bothered me and I couldn't even feel them in my eyes so that's why I was very lax... it was bad, I know.

Back in December, my eyes just started KILLING me, which is usually a sign that I need to take my contacts out and give my eyes a rest. I've gotten this pain before, where my eyes just hurt when I move them up and down or side to side or rub them, but it's always gone away after a few days of not wearing contacts. But this time the pain didn't go away after a few days; it took a few months. When I put my contacts back in the pain came back and I started to get scared that I really messed up my eyes after all the years of not taking care of them.

But then something happened -- I had a good crying one night due to a personal matter and I found that all the pain in my eyes went away. So I'm wondering if I suffer from dry eyes or something? Because sometimes my eyes sting and water for no reason and when I put drops in them the pain feels better.

I wore contacts for two days in a row last week and once again my eyes are hurting and it's the same pain as before -- hurting when I move them up and down or look to the sides and they feel dry. I don't know if it's my actual eyeball that hurts or if it's under my eyelids or whatever. I just want to be able to wear contacts again without getting pain in my eyes!!!! I'm also wondering if my contact lens prescription changed and that's why my eyes hurt but that's another issue.

Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do to remedy it? Any help is appreciated!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
(female)

Jennster HB User
Re: My eyes hurt

Hi there~

I had the same issue- I went to the eye doctor and I had ulcers forming on my eye from not taking them out your eyes can't breathe so it was forming ulcers. The eye docotr gave me a prescription for eye drops to clear it up. Please go soon to get it checked out ulcers can cause blindness if that's what you have!

Closed Thread