It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
(male)

fisc9501 HB User
Jumpy Shaky Field of Vision

I have seen alot of old posts on this forum about shaky vision in different forums.

I'm wandering if any of the people who suffer from this shaky/jumpy vision have had an success getting rid of it or finding out what is causing it?

I myslef I'm a 21/M who has had shaky jumpy vision for about 3 years or so.

It started either around my 1st anxiety attack in the spring if 07 or the summer of 08 when I was diagnoised with Lymes Disease.

For me my vision is always blurry/shaky/jumpy 24/7 from the moment I wake up to the time i go to bed. When its dark I see lots of little white dots that move constantly id say my who field of view is full of these moving white lights.
When I'm awake i can sort of concentrate on the tv or computer so Im akways watching tv to calm my nerves.
When im focusing on the main object everything else in my field of vison is shaky/moving. Its like everything is sort of moving in place and also I can see sort of white dots in front of colored objects. When I stare at the floor the carpet is sort of in motion moving and shaky as a whole. Not just one particular object everything shakes and moves with my whole field of vision.

I havent gotten any tests but I have had many problems realting to what I think is Chronic Lymes Disease. But I havent been told I have it I have constant anxiety, this shaky vision, muscle twitches and very bad fatigue issues.

So has anyone who Ive seen post in the other shaky vision topic had any success finding out why were having this problem?

JF

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2011, 07:11 AM   #2
(male)

Daviesss HB User
Re: Jumpy Shaky Field of Vision

Hi there,

You posted this in May, 2010 so I'm not sure if you'd still check back on here. But I'll write this so if anyone else has the same problem that there IS hope and you will not have to suffer with it forever.

Exactly a year ago I had the same as what your describing. I was anxious about it, thought I had something which was incurable and was obsessed with researching it on the internet.

It happened just after I had a massive panic attack, and since then I had this shaky moving field of vision which drove me nuts and scared me to death. The only things which would make it less noticeable was when I was walking, driving, or focusing on close up objects or some kid of movement in my vision. I was obsessed with looking in corners and testing myself to see weather my vision was moving/shaking. I was constantly anxious about it and for some reason I was convinced that it wasn't my anxiety causing it. I was totally wrong because your body can be in a state of anxiety without you even knowing or feeling it. But if you've been anxious for days and days on end, your body doesn't just shake off anxiety in one night.

So anyway, I suffered with it for months and got really depressed about it. I started taking an SSRI to get rid of my anxiety/depression, which did wonders. I had the shaky vision but every time I thought about the vision it didn't send me into a panic...I just didn't care. It took a while for the SSRI to work might I add. Anyway... I went back to university and studied. It was very tough at the beginning but I found the less I thought about the vision, the better I felt. After about 5-6 months taking the SSRI and just doing Uni, keeping busy and thinking about the vision less I found that it got less and less noticeable. Eventually it was so unnoticeable I began to tapper off my SSRI.

Now its Feb 2011, a year on from the entire ordeal and I can safely say that this symptom is DEFINITELY anxiety related and will not just disappear overnight. You need to completely rid your body of all anxiety for a LONG time before the vision will improve. My theory is, I was preventing my body from fixing the vision by remaining anxious..it was like a vicious cycle...I was getting anxious about the vision but the anxiety is what was causing it/maintaining it.

So to you or anyone who reads this with the same problem....Don't let it take over your life....IT CAN AND WILL GO AWAY. I got through it so you can too. Now I'm completely fine, and am living life free of shaky/moving vision.

THANKS!

Old 02-21-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
(male)

decook1981 HB User
Re: Jumpy Shaky Field of Vision

Daviesss I'm not sure if you still check these forums, but I just wanted to tell you how good it makes me feel to hear someone say they have gotten over this. I am suffering through something similar right now.

A few months ago I got off a cruise and couldn't seem to shake this feeling of disequilibrium. Since then my equilibrium and balance has almost returned to normal, but during the ordeal I had so much anxiety and panic that it was never going to go away that I think I have screwed my whole system up. I read so much stuff on the internet about people never getting better from this post cruise feeling that I had myself convinced I was done for. I'm only 30 and to think of the rest of your life being ruined was just such a terrifying thought I couldn't even bare it. I have been to an ENT doctor and he tells me everything looks ok and it should continue to improve and go away on its own. I went to physical therapy and the woman I was working with there said she had never seen anyone with such good balance. Basically saying there was nothing physically wrong with me that she could tell and that she thinks its all anxiety related.

I finally broke down and went to a psychiatrist, something I never thought I would do. He told me that he thinks it's anxiety and I might not even be experiencing the same symptoms as I was at first but my body has just got itself so worked up. He put me on an SSRI and I've been on it for about 6 weeks I'd say. It hasn't helped a ton, but I'd say that I'm about 10% better with it so far. The main symptom I have now is this shaky vision almost exactly like what you said. This was not something I had originally, it sort of just popped up one day. I am always looking for it checking to see if I'm all right, and if I notice it I get panicked. I even feel dizzy when I laying down sometimes and even after the cruise I never felt any of these symptoms. At one point I thought I was getting better, but these new symptoms now are making me freak out and google things all over again. Everything I read is such a horror story that it is so relieving to hear someone say that everything will be ok. I too have a really hard time chalking all of this up to anxiety. Especially since I've been dealing with it for so long, but it's so hard to just calm down. I've been doing nothing but thinking about it and I haven't been comfortable for 2 months straight. It's to the point where I cry a lot and I question everything around me. Every movement I make I question if it's normal. I've become so OCD about it I just don't know how to break the cycle. The shaky vision is so disorienting and I'm just so terrified I'll never be normal again. I've been such a burden on all those who love me this entire time I feel like I just can't go on. I thank you very much for taking the time to read this if you do. I'd love to hear more about your experience if you wouldn't mind, it's just so hard to find positive stories on the internet. This story just made me so happy that I'm going to try to leave it as the last one I read about this whole nightmare. I think playing doctor google is the worst part about this entire mess.

Thanks Again,

Mike

Closed Thread