It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2010, 06:38 AM   #1
(male)

Sadric HB User
Hard to describe vision problem

Hi folks,

I've got a bit of a problem with my eyes recently, and I'm having a hard time getting it diagnosed because it's so bloody hard to describe.

For starters, my vision is worsening (or has worsened). Seeing in the dark has become hard (mostly due to that typical night-blindness problem where any light blinds you). Even during the day looking at some kind of light source is blindening and stings somewhat.

Then there's the seeing things...I don't mean delusions of any sort, I just mean some kind of strange visual distortion. It's a bit like I'm wearing dirty glasses. There's some spots in the edges of my vision (not floaters). Several times a day I'll notice a black spot in my right eye, floating from the left to the right.

These symptoms are all more apparent when I'm outside. When I'm inside, the problem is a lot less noticeable, except when I look out a window.

I used to suffer from visual migraina auras, and this is completely different in case anyone was going to suggest that.

I've seen an optician about this, and they recommend wearing glare-reducing glasses at night, but that's not really going to help with my day-time vision problems

If anyone has any suggestions whatsoever, I'd be very glad to hear them!

Thanks!

Old 06-26-2010, 08:13 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

braveheart226 HB User
Re: Hard to describe vision problem

Did your optician check for cataracts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
(male)

Sadric HB User

I don't think they did, actually. I just read up on it a bit and it seems like it might make sense. I'm only 25 though, I have been using corticosteroids for just under 25 years...pah. Thanks though!

Old 06-27-2010, 04:05 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

TopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB User

Long-term use of corticosteroids can have undesirable side-effects but not usually on vision. A good ophthalmologist will know the potential risks in your case, which is why you need to see an ophthalmologist rather than an optician.
The symptoms you describe sound like posterior vitreous detachment (PVD) and that mostly only happens to people above 50 years of age.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #5
(male)

cndbx HB User

Sounds like me I hope I am incorrect I have been diagnosed with cone rod distrophy
I am 57 cannot see at night and sunny days are real bad . I can hardly drive and it is getting worse I am thinking of stem cell therapy when I drive the shade of a tree is a spot that I can not see in it is like dark like night and I need to wear wrap around sun glasses or It is like looking thru milk saoked glasses.

Closed Thread