It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2010, 05:08 AM   #1
(female)

jenny197 HB User
eyes red and hurting. dry eyes or something more?

My eyes are red and hurting for around two weeks already. A few days ago I have been to an eye doctor and after looking into the eye with the help of a white and then blue light and also checking the pressure inside the cornea, his diagnosis was that the quality and quantity of the tears is less than what it should be. He prescribed Lephanet cleaning towels to clean the eyes, Vismed artificial eye drops and Dexafree for the inflamation. It has been like three days already that I am using these however there is no improvement. My eyes are still hurting. It gets even worse whenever I go out for a walk. How long should I continue with these medicine before calling the doctor? Also, my boyfriend sometimes have cold sore on my lips that is due to the virus herpes labialis. Could it be that I received it and it affects my eyes? Thanks

Old 07-25-2010, 06:27 AM   #2
(female)

shyness HB User
Re: eyes red and hurting. dry eyes or something more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny197 View Post
My eyes are red and hurting for around two weeks already. A few days ago I have been to an eye doctor and after looking into the eye with the help of a white and then blue light and also checking the pressure inside the cornea, his diagnosis was that the quality and quantity of the tears is less than what it should be. He prescribed Lephanet cleaning towels to clean the eyes, Vismed artificial eye drops and Dexafree for the inflamation. It has been like three days already that I am using these however there is no improvement. My eyes are still hurting. It gets even worse whenever I go out for a walk. How long should I continue with these medicine before calling the doctor? Also, my boyfriend sometimes have cold sore on my lips that is due to the virus herpes labialis. Could it be that I received it and it affects my eyes? Thanks
Herpes may affect eyes. Doctor's examination on microscope may reveal some specific picture on the cornea. Furthermore eye pain can be the feature of herpetic lesion. But you should know that dry eye is very nasty state and can be resistant to any drugs. Your symtoms may lessen suddenly soon. If not show your eyes to another eye-doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread