It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2010, 08:11 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: Severe eye problems after Cataract and replacement lens surgery

Hi I can relate to the dryness part of your posts as I had dry eyes to begin with and now they are extremely dry after narrow angle glaucoma prevention surgery. I was already using Restasis and Refresh, but the pain continued. The dr told me to use the Restasis morning and night and to use the Refresh throughout the dayand to use the gel at night. I was putting drops in almost every hour. It finally seems to be improving and I am cutting back on the drops. The pain had been so bad especially behind the eyes and other times like a stabbing pain. Thank goodness there is some relief. Now if I can only get rid of the blurs and flashes. Oh it took about a week to work

The Following User Says Thank You to Mel52 For This Useful Post:
helpsomeone (12-12-2010)
Old 12-13-2010, 07:26 AM   #17
(female)

misscat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpsomeone View Post
Misscat
I can certainly sympathize with you. I wish I could paint you a pretty picture and tell you that everything is going to be OK. I am 2+ years after surgery and I still suffer from "dry eye" or "burning eyes" or whatever else it may be called. As I have said in a previous post, I had a very mild dry eye that Murine would take care of but since my surgery I have tried everything on the market, even Restasis to no avail. I seem to be better by using no drops at all. I believe my tear production is better since discontinuing the drops. I still can't use the computer or watch TV but for a short period without blur or burning so the problem is still there.

If I were you I would definitely get another Ophthalmologist that specializes in this type of surgery before you go ahead with your other eye. You may live in a rural area but this is a very important decision you are making so go to St Louis if you have to to get this done. I wish I could be more optimistic with you and if I can ever be of help please send me another post.
Good Luck and God Bless,
Jim
Hey Jim, thanks for writing back...I'm been on the computer doing research non stop. Not that I can see well but I've made my script larger which helps. I have a suggestion for you that you may not have tried for the dry eyes. I also have dry eyes but had that before surgery...Had a plug put in etc. The usual stuff. The PA wanted me to try something new and I did...She gave me a prescription for a product named AZASITE. It's actually an eye drop that they use for infection but one of the side effects is tearing eyes...So they are using it for that also...It's a thick product and I used it at night in both eyes...The result was amazing...I mean withing three days my eyes were so much better...After a week I just used it as needed and only needed it about once a week...They think the product cuts very mild persistent infections or bacteria. Who knows.. I researched the drops as I do everything and there were no bad side effects so it might help you. I've discovered through research that what I have is called aniseikonia. I'm looking into a clinic in Kansas City for the next surgery..but it was suggested that I make sure this eyes heals better before proceeding...and we are going west in Jan for a month which puts a wrinkle in things. All in all I fluctuate between being mad, furious, frustrated, irritated and depressed...Not my nature....Hope the AzaSite works for you...God bless you also and have a wonderful Xmas....

The Following User Says Thank You to misscat For This Useful Post:
helpsomeone (12-14-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2010, 10:58 AM   #18
(male)

helpsomeone HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscat View Post
Hey Jim, thanks for writing back...I'm been on the computer doing research non stop. Not that I can see well but I've made my script larger which helps. I have a suggestion for you that you may not have tried for the dry eyes. I also have dry eyes but had that before surgery...Had a plug put in etc. The usual stuff. The PA wanted me to try something new and I did...She gave me a prescription for a product named AZASITE. It's actually an eye drop that they use for infection but one of the side effects is tearing eyes...So they are using it for that also...It's a thick product and I used it at night in both eyes...The result was amazing...I mean withing three days my eyes were so much better...After a week I just used it as needed and only needed it about once a week...They think the product cuts very mild persistent infections or bacteria. Who knows.. I researched the drops as I do everything and there were no bad side effects so it might help you. I've discovered through research that what I have is called aniseikonia. I'm looking into a clinic in Kansas City for the next surgery..but it was suggested that I make sure this eyes heals better before proceeding...and we are going west in Jan for a month which puts a wrinkle in things. All in all I fluctuate between being mad, furious, frustrated, irritated and depressed...Not my nature....Hope the AzaSite works for you...God bless you also and have a wonderful Xmas....
Wow Misscat
Thanks for the info. I am currently making arrangements with my current Dr to get an Rx for this to try. You have given me another ray of hope. I feel all the frustration as you do and then some. I think the thing I miss most is my ability to read. I have to read large print if I read at all.
Anyway, thanks again, have a safe trip
To you and your family,God bless and have a very Merry Christmas,
Jim

Old 12-14-2010, 02:27 PM   #19
(female)

misscat HB User

From what I'm learning even with the dry eye situation you should be able to wear glasses to read unless somehow your eyes were damaged... I'm off to the optometrist again tomorrow... Been baby sitting grandkids today with no glasses... I can see well enough to change diapers...

Last edited by moderator2; 12-14-2010 at 02:39 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 12-14-2010, 04:41 PM   #20
(male)

helpsomeone HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscat View Post
From what I'm learning even with the dry eye situation you should be able to wear glasses to read unless somehow your eyes were damaged... I'm off to the optometrist again tomorrow... Been baby sitting grand kids today with no glasses... I can see well enough to change diapers...
Hi Misscat
Good luck to you tomorrow. I also wish the best for you when you do your other eye. Please be selective when doing your research for an Opthamologist.
I'm afraid you don't understand all my situation. I'm not complaining, mind you because I am blessed in so many other ways.

You see I have had at least six or eight examinations since Spring of 08 when I had my surgery. I have had five different Doctors involved with my situation since then. Two Opthamologist and three Optometrist. As with you, I'm sure they take me into a perfect environment and check my eyes and say we have your vision to 20/30. When you get out in the real world it is different altogether. I have enough glasses laying around that I could start a store.

I guess I have resigned myself to live like I am. I know that I have had enough opinions.

Good talking to you again. God Bless,
Jim

Closed Thread