It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
(female)

happylittlefami HB User
Eyeball is stuck to inner eyelid! Why?

I have had multiple occasions where my eyelids are stuck to my eyeballs. I always assumed this is what is meant "dry eyes," but I realize now they are not the same thing. It's been happening off and on for about 10 years now.

Basically, when I wake up (to use the restroom, get to one of my kids, or just when waking up for the day), when I go to open my eyes, it feels like my eyelid is literally "peeling" off my eyeball. It is extremely painful and the pain lasts as if I was poked in the eye or maybe had something thrown into my eyes. It happens to both eyes, but also has happened to only 1 or the other some nights.

I just had an eye exam and the optomitrist said my eyes were great. He did a dilation and saw nothing. So, I didn't think to mention it. I do need glasses now, but my prescription is very weak.

I am suffering with a boatload of other medical issues, including iron, b12, and vitamin D deficiencies. Is this related to my deficiencies or is it something else altogether?

Also, is this eyeball sticking to the eyelid thing what is known as dry eye? I drink a TON of fluid everyday, so I know it's definitely not dehydration. I drink at least a gallon of fluids a day. Thanks!

Just wanted to add that there is no eye discharge at all. Also, it feels like it causes my actual eyeball to swell. Is that what is happening or is the ripping of the eyelid off my eyeball what causes my eyeball to feel so swollen.

Last edited by happylittlefami; 05-01-2011 at 11:17 AM. Reason: adding info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread