It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
(male)

Dwizzy HB User
Eyeball Twitching

Hello, I'm new here, I'm 21 and I have a question for whoever may be able to help me. I have been feeling like my eyeballs are twitching, though when I have my girlfriend look and feel them they are not moving. This is not a consistent twitching feeling, not like a eyelid twitch, it will do it every few seconds. I do have Vertigo and had a bad episode on Monday (today is Saturday). This twitching problem did not start until Thursday. I don't have any headaches, dizzyness, light headedness or nausea, it's not really messing with my vision either, I can still see clearly. When I look at something it feels like it just bumps my eyes or something, it's kind of hard to explain. I also can feel it when I close my eyes. I was starting to think maybe it was just my mind playing tricks on me but it's been doing it since mid Thursday (today is Saturday), I try not to think about it at all, I even try to do stuff to take my mind off of it but it doesn't really seem to help.

I don't have any insurance so I haven't got around to going to a doctor or getting a CT Scan.
This is really starting to get me scared, so if anyone can help I would be very grateful.

THANK YOU

Last edited by Dwizzy; 05-07-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:07 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

amyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB User
Re: Eyeball Twitching

If it's your eyeball that is twitching, then you supposedly do have a serious problem. However, if it's your eyelid (mainly the upper eyelid), then it's probably caused by 1) Stress. 2) Caffeine. 3) Fatigue.
This I know, because I have been having eyelid twitching for the last few days -- which is starting to drive me CRAZY!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2011, 08:52 AM   #3
(male)

Dwizzy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amygdala View Post
If it's your eyeball that is twitching, then you supposedly do have a serious problem. However, if it's your eyelid (mainly the upper eyelid), then it's probably caused by 1) Stress. 2) Caffeine. 3) Fatigue.
This I know, because I have been having eyelid twitching for the last few days -- which is starting to drive me CRAZY!
It's not my eyelids, it's my eyeballs. And I as I said in my previous post, it's nothing like when your eyelid twitches. It doesn't twitch back and forth, you can see it move, and my girlfriend put her fingers in my eyes and she couldn't feel it move either. When I look at something it kind of just bumps my eyes or something. I mean it doesn't feel like a bump, its just something that breaks my concentration on whatever I'm staring at. My eyes just kind of move a little bit to the side but its not noticeable if you were looking at my eyes.

Its very hard to explain and I'm doing my best to try to.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
(female)

tiffin HB User

You should get your eyes checked as this sounds like nstygmus which is a condition that causes involuntary movements of the eyes either left or right or sometimes up or down, very quickly which can cause vertigo and dizziness (I sometimes suffer from this), particularly if I am tired or stressed. It can sometimes be associated with ear infections and/or optic neurits and sometimes MS.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #5
(male)

Dwizzy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffin View Post
You should get your eyes checked as this sounds like nstygmus which is a condition that causes involuntary movements of the eyes either left or right or sometimes up or down, very quickly which can cause vertigo and dizziness (I sometimes suffer from this), particularly if I am tired or stressed. It can sometimes be associated with ear infections and/or optic neurits and sometimes MS.
But when this happens are the movements noticeable to other people? Like if someone were looking at my eyes, could they see when they move? Also, I have Vertigo, could this just be an after affect from my bad episode I had Monday?

Old 05-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #6
(female)

tiffin HB User

It could be tied in to your vertigo, sometimes people can see the movements, sometimes if it is mild only an eye doctor can detect the movement. I think you need to find out if the eye problem and the vertigo are linked to an ear infection which can cause these problems.

If this is the culprit your symtoms will resolve themselves, although it can sometimes take a few weeks.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #7
(male)

Dwizzy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffin View Post
It could be tied in to your vertigo, sometimes people can see the movements, sometimes if it is mild only an eye doctor can detect the movement. I think you need to find out if the eye problem and the vertigo are linked to an ear infection which can cause these problems.

If this is the culprit your symtoms will resolve themselves, although it can sometimes take a few weeks.
Ok you kind of eased my mind a little now that I kind of have an idea of what I should be looking into. I have been scared that this will be permanent and I wouldn't be able to find out what would be causing this. I tend to worry a lot when something happens with my body and I know that stress and worrying a lot will make it worse. I have had Vertigo since I was 13, I am now 21, so I don't think it would be caused by an ear infection.

I tried googleing it and seeing if there was cure/treatment for my eyes but it looks like mostly exercises for your eyes? I will be setting up a eye doctor appointed asap though. Thank you for your help and I hope that your right and this will resolve itself.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

bartosa HB User

sounds like nystagmus. Nystagmus isnt that bad tho.. a lot of people are living with it and barely notice it.. i'm one of them my mother always knew i had it but,

it takes a trained eye to notice it in light cases like you probably have, in severe cases everyone can see it..

stress can make it worse but its not life threatening.. go get some insurance and see the doctor whenever you have time its always good to have a check up.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-10-2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website

Old 05-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #9
(male)

Dwizzy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartosa View Post
sounds like nystagmus. Nystagmus isnt that bad tho.. a lot of people are living with it and barely notice it.. i'm one of them my mother always knew i had it but,

it takes a trained eye to notice it in light cases like you probably have, in severe cases everyone can see it..

stress can make it worse but its not life threatening.. go get some insurance and see the doctor whenever you have time its always good to have a check up.
I went to the eye doctor yesterday and she said I didn't have it. She checked the front and back of my eyes and said everything looked good. Maybe its a very mild case of it? I don't know. But she did tell me I had an astigmitism in both eyes but my vision is 20-25 far sited and 20-23 near sited, which that doesn't seem to be bad. I may get glassed a couple years down the road just to try and help my eyes if I think my vision is getting any worse

Old 05-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

bartosa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwizzy View Post
I went to the eye doctor yesterday and she said I didn't have it. She checked the front and back of my eyes and said everything looked good. Maybe its a very mild case of it? I don't know. But she did tell me I had an astigmitism in both eyes but my vision is 20-25 far sited and 20-23 near sited, which that doesn't seem to be bad. I may get glassed a couple years down the road just to try and help my eyes if I think my vision is getting any worse
its quite possible they found out.. well my mom always knew it but in the hospital they found out when they tried to make a scan of my eye and the machine picked it up immediatly it couldnt take really good pictures because of it.. no matter how hard i tried to look at the center. and you cant fool the machine .. but the doctor made me look at her and she couldnt see it.. and this was a trained profesional.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:35 PM   #11
(male)

Dwizzy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartosa View Post
its quite possible they found out.. well my mom always knew it but in the hospital they found out when they tried to make a scan of my eye and the machine picked it up immediatly it couldnt take really good pictures because of it.. no matter how hard i tried to look at the center. and you cant fool the machine .. but the doctor made me look at her and she couldnt see it.. and this was a trained profesional.
I can stare at something, like when the eye doctor made me start at the light I could stare at it. I can kind of make it not do it, it's very strange. Its not like my eyes are constantly moving back and forth, its only periodically my eyes feel like they get bumped. I do want to get a CT Scan but without insurance I would be looking at between $3,000-$5,000

Closed Thread