It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
(female)

StrangeKitty HB User
Question Floaters - how long do they last?

I have a lot of floaters and they are supremely annoying. I've had them for about a year now and I'm wondering how long it might take for the body to get rid of them. I got the majority of them about a year ago when I started seeing flashes, so I went to the eye doctor to get it all checked out. She said my retinas were fine (no tears) but that I had a lot of floaters.

I found the book "Prescription for Nutritional Healing" and decided to try vitamin supplements to help with the healing process. For the last month I've been taking Apple Pectin, L-Methionine, Oxy-5000 Forte and extra vitamin A, along with my multivitamin, lutein, and fish oil. Has anyone else tried these supplements to help get rid of floaters? And can anyone tell me how long it takes for the body to rid itself of a floater? I realize that it may take longer to get rid of a lot of floaters, but if I can do something to speed it up, I will. I am so tired of seeing spots and lines moving around!

Old 05-19-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
(female)

nova98 HB User
Re: Floaters - how long do they last?

I don't know of anyone who got rid of floaters (I have one in my right eye). If your supplements eventually work, let us know!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2011, 10:51 PM   #3
(female)

peggylove HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeKitty View Post
I have a lot of floaters and they are supremely annoying. I've had them for about a year now and I'm wondering how long it might take for the body to get rid of them. I got the majority of them about a year ago when I started seeing flashes, so I went to the eye doctor to get it all checked out. She said my retinas were fine (no tears) but that I had a lot of floaters.

I found the book "Prescription for Nutritional Healing" and decided to try vitamin supplements to help with the healing process. For the last month I've been taking Apple Pectin, L-Methionine, Oxy-5000 Forte and extra vitamin A, along with my multivitamin, lutein, and fish oil. Has anyone else tried these supplements to help get rid of floaters? And can anyone tell me how long it takes for the body to rid itself of a floater? I realize that it may take longer to get rid of a lot of floaters, but if I can do something to speed it up, I will. I am so tired of seeing spots and lines moving around!

Once I searched the internet and found some useful information as follows:
Some people suggest on the Internet that regular mental training can help patients notice eye floaters at a lower frequency. But in the opinion of some eye experts, this therapy never solves the anatomical cause of eye floaters. Psychological training only guides patients to ignore their eye floaters. And in some people, this way can be helpful.
Floaters will be ignored by the brain automatically. In fact, this ignorance will be taken place naturally by the brain after a period. Taking posterior vitreous detachment (PVD) as an example, patients with this eye disease will typically notice eye floaters and light flashes. Experiencing floaters in the eye is a common symptom of this disease. Yet most PVD victims will excitingly notice that these floaters disappear by their own as the time passes by. Well, this is an automatic adaption made by the brain, rather than the real dissolving of the floaters.
Sight is exactly a combination of anatomy and personal perception. Mental training just performs in changing personal perception of eye floaters. The light first stimulates the retina and then it will be conversed into electrical energy, all of which are anatomy. Personal light perception occurs when the electrical energy is routed through the brain to the brain center. With this knowledge, mental training is actually associated with the training of the brain, which will be accustomed to ignoring eye floaters
The way of psychological training in treating eye floaters has been accepted by some patients, although eye floaters are present in fact. But for most people, they want to remove these floaters entirely through a non-invasive treatment.

You may find more useful information by searching the internet. Good luck. Hope your eyes get better.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:11 AM   #4
(male)

openminedman HB User

the Non_ Invasive treatment of floater Consice of what?

Old 02-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
(male)

quagga HB User

They last as long as you last, or if you decide to get rid of them using a Vitrectomy operation or a YAG-laser procedure. I've had mine for 12 years, and they have only gotten worse.

Closed Thread