It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2011, 01:43 AM   #1
(male)

shane1987 HB User
Feels like somethings in my eye

For about 2 months now I've been experiencing the feeling that I have something in my eye. When this first happened to me I was lying in bed with my eyes closed and felt something rubbing against my eye so I rubbed my eye but the feeling stayed so I kept rubbing it which obviously wasn't helping so I went to sleep without sorting it out because I thought it would be gone in the morning. So I woke up the next day and it felt like it had gone but throughout the rest of the day it kept coming back and this stayed the same for a couple of weeks before I decided to go to the doctors. The doctor told me he could not see anything and that my eye didn't look infected but he prescribed me an antibiotic ointment just in case my eye got worse. So I tried using an eyebath and eye drops for a week with no change so I decided to try the ointment I had been prescribed but that also had no effect so I got booked in for an eye test and they told me my vision was fine and that there was nothing in my eye that they could see and my tears were breaking up fine. My eye has this sensation the most when I wake up so I don't think it's dry eye and my lids look ok so I don't think its blepharitis also the ointment didn't work so it can't be some sort of bacterial infection and I cant see any spots or styes on my lids apart from a very tiny whiteish pimple on my lower lid but that could have been there my whole life I just don't know. Other information: I have GERD (acid reflux) which I take ppi's for, I smoke about 3 a day, I have no other health problems and I'm only 23. Sorry this post has been so long but I'm a little worried and would appreciate any ideas to what it might be.
Thanks
Shane

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
(female)

Mary108 HB User
Re: Feels like somethings in my eye

Hi,
There are a couple of things I'd get checked out by the eye doctor. Firstly, is the tiny whiteish pimple in the spot or near where you feel like something is in your eye? If so, I think you may have a stye that is causing that. If not, secondly, you might have an ingrown eyelash poking your eye. (they are not always visible because the hair can be very thin) so i'd definatly ask the eye doctor to examine the spot with a slit lamp. Thirdly, you may have an infection of some sort, but being that the ointment did not help (it rarely does it seems like ) but rather than taking the ointment I'd suggest to try warm compresses a couple times a day and see if that helps at all or gives you some relief. Warm compresses could even give you some relief if it was the ingrown eyelash causing the problem. Best of luck! Let me know how things work out

Old 06-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
(male)

shane1987 HB User
Re: Feels like somethings in my eye

Thanks for your tips. Since I posted the feeling is now happening in both eyes especially in the morning for the first 15 minutes upon wakening and then they feel a lot better. Also at night after work the feeling comes back more so when I lie down. I've also had a headache for 2 days which feels like my eyes are aching or strained but I don't know if this is related. I don't work on computers or do anything which may strain my eyes. I've also been experiencing dizziness throughout the day. Is this something I should be worrying about or could it be as simple as something like dry eyes? I'm brand new to any eye symptoms so I don't really know what to do.
Once again thanks for your post.
Shane

Closed Thread