It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
(female)

melody84 HB Usermelody84 HB User
Question small red bump on lower eye lid

About six months ago, I got a sty on the inside of my lower right eyelid. I think it was from using a dirty eye shadow applicator. It was very painful and swelled for about 4 days before it popped and drained. I used hot compress to help ensure all the fluid had drained properly. It healed and went away without a trace except a slight red discoloration on the inside of the eyelid, which was fading pretty quickly.
About two months ago, I got another sty in the same place that seemed like it was on the inside of the lid again. Again, I believe I was being neglectful in the sanitation of my makeup. It didn't swell nearly as much or pop like the other one. I started the hot compress on the first day I noticed it. It seemed to bring it to the outside of the lid, just along the eyelash line.
It never hurts anymore. Sometimes I think it is healing, but I have been really stressed out with other medical problems I am dealing with right now, and am a bit ashamed to admit how much I have been crying. It seems to get more aggravated when I cry. It is a very small bump (about the size of the lead of a no.2 pencil), but it is really concerning me that it is still there after two months. Could this be because of my excessive tears lately? Should I see an eye doc for this or a dermatologist?

Last edited by melody84; 08-03-2011 at 07:23 PM.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: small red bump on lower eye lid

I would see an eye doctor, but I doubt very highly that it had to do with your crying, UNLESS you've got a blocked tear duct!
Styes and chalazia are lumps in or along the edge of an eyelid. They may be painful or annoying, but they are rarely serious. Most will go away on their own without treatment.
I have a chalazia too, it's been there for years now, but the difference is that it doesn't hurt.
Feel better soon! Sue

The Following User Says Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
melody84 (08-04-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread