It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
(male)

Mandelbrot HB User
Blurry spot in Vision, No firm diagnosis.

I developed a blurry spot just off center of my field of vision in my right eye at the end of July, I've been examined under dilation numerous times since by my ophthalmologist who saw no apparent issues with the eye and could not even find any floaters, I've taken basic eye exams and always come back 20/25, I passed the field of vision test fine and was event sent to a retinologist for a Fluorescein angiography which showed no active leakage in the eye.

I was given no firm diagnosis but was told this issue "should" resolve itself inside of a few months.

The spot is most noticeable when in well lit areas or looking at a TV or computer screen, it tracks with my vision and does not move from the 5 o'clock position in my field of view ever, the spot has 2 trails off of it that tend to point ever so slightly up or down depending on which direction I am looking. The spot also changes in size depending on how far away the object I am focusing on is.

I am a 35 year old white male in good health with no history of illness of vision problems.

Should I seek another opinion or wait it out?

I am obsessed on this issue right now and am a bit freaked out to be quite honest.

Anybody have some words of wisdom?

Thanks!

Last edited by Mandelbrot; 08-31-2011 at 07:07 PM.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
(male)

Szolaco HB User
Re: Blurry spot in Vision, No firm diagnosis.

A couple of things:

1. Floaters aren't always visible to an opthalmologist, regardless of the type of exam he/she performs - depends on the size/consistency of the floater and the proximity of the floater to the retina. Some of my floaters are close to being transparent, and some are brownish. The instruments they use cannot detect all of them.

2. Have you talked to your regular physician about this issue? There are other things that can cause blurry vision that an eye exam may not reveal. For example, some people with onset diabetes (even without other obvious symptoms of it) get blurry spots. A physician may be able to point you in the right direction. Also, stress can be a significant factor in vision problems. take a look at your daily life/job, etc.

3. It could be something very benign - nothing wrong with researching, but I generally trust my ophtalmologist. Go see your regular physician if you are worried. And if it helps, there is nothing wrong with seeing another ophthalmologist.

Good luck. Let us know how things go.

The Following User Says Thank You to Szolaco For This Useful Post:
Tinpot (09-04-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread