It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
(female)

tinamarie0914 HB User
Uneven Pupils...my doctor is stumped!

About 2 1/2 years ago I noticed the pupil in my right eye was dilated much bigger than the left. It remained dilated and would not change. The vision in that eye was blurry. I saw an ophthamologist who did not find anything wrong. We did CT Scans, MRI and lots of bloodwork, but all was fine. We decided it was Anisicoria and that it would probably always be that way. Keep in mind I was NOT born with it...it just happened out of the blue. About 3 months ago I noticed a big change. The pupil in the right eye is no longer dilated, but is now constricted and will not react to light changes. The pupil in the left eye now is dilated and is very sluggish to react to light changes. The vision in my left is very blurry and I am very "aware" of my right eye. The vision is a bit blurry, but mostly it's like I can just "feel" my eye...I don't know how else to describe it. My doctor is stumped...he says he's leaning toward something being neurologically wrong because everything in the eyes looks okay. He has never seen a situation where it would change like this...going from fixed and dilated to fixed and constricted with now the left eye being fixed and dilated when it was fine before. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any ideas of where I can turn to find out more about what might be happening? I don't have headaches or anything else that would make me think it's something in the brain.

Thank you!

Tinamarie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread