It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
(male)

Bdog8 HB User
Red Eye/White Mucus

I first went to my eye doctor because my right eye was red, itchy, and white mucus was coming out of the corners. He told me I had a bacterial infection, and so I used antibiotic eye drops (I can't recall the name).

After a few weeks, I went back, and he said the infection was gone. But now both my eyes were red, itchy some times during the day, and both had mucus coming out at the corners. So he prescribed me pataday once a day, and I've been taking it for a few weeks now. My left eye is no longer red, but still has little amounts of white mucus in the corner towards my nose. My right eye however still has redness and the other symptoms.

(I would just like to add that I do not wear contacts, only glasses, and allergies have Never effected my eyes, usually just nasal allergies). I don't want to be rude in questioning my doctor's diagnosis, but it is my health and it would be great to get a second opinion. I'm wondering if the infection came back, or if it never fully went away? Any ideas would be helpful.

As you can see from the pictures, it's the bottom of my right eye that is red.

UPDATE:
I went to my eye doctor today, and apparently I have no allergies, but my right eye has an infection/inflamation. I was prescribed Zylet 4x a day. Hopefully this fixes the problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eye1.jpg (11.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg eye2.jpg (11.5 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Bdog8; 11-10-2011 at 04:14 PM. Reason: New prescrip.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread