It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
(female)

onlinelaws HB User
Flickering Vision in Peripherals - May not be your eyes...

So, this is my first time posting on here after searching on google the following phrase: "flickering vision peripheral vision". I want to let you know that I, too, was having a problem with flickering vision in my peripheral vision. I went to a nuero-opthomologist and my regular opthomologist--both who said it was not my eyes. I suffer from floaters and my eyes are very sensitive to light, so I thought that the problem was my eyes. When I left the nuero-optho, I wasn't told any information--only that it was not my eyes. So, when I went to see my optho, I refused to leave without SOMETHING. Basically, my optho told me that she thought it could have been a problem with my iron levels, anemia, or some blood-related problem.

I then went to my general doctor. I told him what the optho said. He tested my iron levels, sugar, blood levels, etc. Turns out, I have an iron deficiency and high blood sugar. Not sure if these two are related to one another. Anyway, before getting the blood tests I did not realize I was barely eating any iron. I was pretty much a vegetarian. I also ate a ton of carbs, which turn into sugar if not burned off by exercise. I was barely exercising. I'm not overweight by any means, so it was surprising to me that my sugar levels were high.

I received my blood results 3 days ago. Since then, I have changed my diet to include more iron, and I have cut back A LOT on my sugar in take. I've also been running/exercising for about 45 minutes every morning.

I don't want to jinx anything, but I will say that the problem with my eyes that was once happening has drastically improved. I hate typing this because I am very supersticious, but I want to be able to help people that are having the same problem.

So, if anyone on here is experiencing the same or similar problems, I highly suggest getting a blood test. Have them test your iron levels, blood sugar levels, test for anemia, etc. etc. Have them test for anything! It won't hurt!

I hope this goes through, and I hope that I am able to help some people.

Thanks,
Jaime

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
(female)

tubint HB Usertubint HB Usertubint HB Usertubint HB User
Re: Flickering Vision in Peripherals - May not be your eyes...

Thank you so much for sharing this information...easy to change in one's life without prescription drugs.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
(female)

onlinelaws HB User

Please let me know if it helps you!

Old 11-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User

Jaime, thank you for sharing with us, that's great news for you!!

Closed Thread