It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User
Cataract Surgery ALTERNATIVES?

There's a now-closed 2004 thread titled Alternatives to Cataract Surgery. Someone had seen a TV ad about some drops, maybe didn't take notes, sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? And if true, wouldn't it be really famous by now?

However, I think a very few opthalmologists still shatter the cataract instead of removing the whole lens. Sure wish I'd known about that procedure in advance because my lens implants haven't been satisfactory at all. I think there's one near me, that I may go see, years too late, but he might know if Kenalog that won't drain out of the eye can be removed. Possibly the young surgeon misjudged the strength or power of implant lens needed, or, possibly there should be exceptions to the no-stitch custom, as he may have made the wrong size incision?

If anyone knows of any new developments that don't involve any more injections into the eye, please share with us.

I've said in another thread here, if you're hypo-thyroid, don't ever have a Kenalog injection for inflammation. See your Primary Care instead. The inflammation is probably not just in the eye anyway and Kenalog is slow to drain out for most everyone, I've heard. For a hypothyroid, may never. My vision went from 20/40 to 20/30 from an injection last summer, and I MAY not be able to pass 2013 Michigan driving exam. It would comfort me to know maybe I've saved someone else from blindness. They assume your thyroid meds are working, but thyroid is an awfully complicated subject, sometimes caused by anti-thyroid antibodies and doctors don't know whether to even try to treat it, meds may partly work but not well enough to handle Kenalog drainage problem. They may try to blame everything on your diabetes instead of their wrong assumption that a very large dose of thyroid "T4" is workign correctly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread