It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
(female)

MrsInNH HB User
Has anyone had a peripheral Iridotomy?

I had one spike in Pressure in one eye seven years ago...they thought it was wide angle glaucoma (pressure was 37) and I was treated with Xalatan which brought the pressure down....over the last 3 years i became lazy with the drops and still continued to have normal pressures. Recently was taken off the drops x 1 year with no rise in pressure. Now they are telling me it is probably narrow angle glaucoma because I have a plateau iris and want to do this laser surgery....any info on it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 04-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
(female)

Sammi Jo HB User
Re: Has anyone had a peripheral Iridotomy?

I just had one two weeks ago, both eyes,, two weeks apart. It seemed to go well and then my pressure went up in the first eye and I was given Combigan drops to bring the pressure down. It worked well and all seemed ok w/right eye. Had the left eye done and when I went back for follow-up the pressure was 46! It should be 20 or below. So it was determined that the FML (steroid) drops I was using to prevent inflamation was causing the pressure spikes. I went off the FML drops and the inflamation returned. Now I am doing both kind of drops and I hope that clears the problem. The area above my right eye has a continual "headache" that nothing seems to take it away. They say it should not be related to the procedure, but it is strange that I never had that problem before.
So, having the procedure is no big deal, just some pressure from the laser and a giant headache from the drops they put in your eyes before the procedure. Be sure you have a good doctor. Would I do it again? Not sure, have to wait to see how it all turns out.
Sammi Jo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
(female)

Jaye66 HB UserJaye66 HB UserJaye66 HB User
Re: Has anyone had a peripheral Iridotomy?

I have had both eyes done and have not had any problems. No spikes in pressure and aside from being sensitive to sun light for a couple of days have not had any discomfort. Mine was done about 2 years ago and very glad I had it done. The procedure is very quick and simple. My dad has also had it done and he also has not had any problems.

Closed Thread