It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
(female)

kazze HB User
Corneal erosions and bandage contact lens

Hello All,

I am new to this site and I am hoping I am doing this correctly, but anyway here is my story

18th Dec 2011 baby girl scrapped my eye and about a month or so later I was diagnosed with RCE

After lubrication not working I now have a bandage contact lens in this is from just middle march this year and my question is how hopeful can I be to return to a normal life???

I am no alcoholic but since this has happened I dont drink cause I dont want to hamper healing but I am hoping that once I am repaired I can look forward to the odd well earned night out (new mum n all that)

Is there hope ? please tell me there is I dont want to live in fear of pain forever I just want to 'Live'

Any advice or positive stories would be so warmly received.

Thank you

Kaz

Old 07-21-2012, 05:29 AM   #2
(female)

Eyepainstinks HB User
Re: Recurrent Corneal Erosions

Kaz,

I have seen you post a few times about alcohol...I have the same concern/problem. Every time I have 1 glass of wine or beer, even a half a glass, I get an erosion. I am 2 months post-op from PTK and alcohol seems to be one trigger for me. I never had this problem after my PTK surgery with my other eye. I drink 64oz of water Every Day to stay hydrated to combat my severe dry eye and extra water when I drink a glass of wine/beer, but I still get erosions after alcohol.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread