It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #16
(female)

Housey88 HB User
Re: AZOOR? Any experience?

Hi everyone,
Wow I can not believe I found this forum!!i was diagnosed with azoor last year after being Admitted to hospital for 2 weeks and followings may stressful neuro diagnosis's!
I also have very similar symptoms,but do not get the worms I have a weird flashing and swirly lights very similar to the post above when the swirls hit a bright door or wall it's a nightmare and I can't see a think from my left eye!the reason I have found this forum now is that I haven't had any symptoms for around 3 maybe 4 months and yesterday I woke up with a banging headache and the eye pain again the pain and the swirls just make me feel sick! I haven't been to the doctor yet as my gp has no idea about aZoor and can't no understand what it is any my opthomogist appt a have stopped!

One thing I wanted to ask has anyone been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis as well or before or after the azoor diagnosis?i know I am still young but I still think I have an auto immune illness like this from previous history and am sure this is linked can anyone shed any light or views?

Anyone I hope you are all keeping well Nd it's great to find this site as my husband does not understand this issue!!!

Old 06-22-2013, 01:13 AM   #17
(female)

Rebka HB User
Azoor

Hey guys,

It's so fun (if you can call it that) to see others out there like me.

I am 28 and started off with flashing lights, that were really pretty. Then I went to sleep and woke up the next morning with a blind spot. At first they thought it was a migrane and I was back and forth to a few doctors for the past 8 years. It wasn't until recently, 3 months ago, that I found an awesome doctor and I now have a diagnosis. AZOOR. I have constantly been losing vision in my right eye. It is now moving to my central vision.

I wish I could pinpoint what causes it. But obviously I haven't, beings I'm told they don't know what causes it, and there is no cure. Also, I'm told that some of us AZOOR folks do not get their vision back, and I happen to be in that club.

I've noticed (every time, when my blind spot expands) that my left eye - my good eye - compensates for my right. Every time the blind spot gets bigger, I never believe that my left eye will compensate, but it surprises me every time. I don't notice the blind spot when I have both eyes open.

But I have a couple questions. Does anyone else get a "headache" behind the affected eye (it happens to come every time there's a change to my blind spot - BUT not every headache means my blind spot is changing)? I try to explain that to the doctor and that's the only explanation I can come up with. It's a dull "headache".

Another question. Does this affect any of your reading? I can't figure out when it affects me, and when it doesn't. Because I can read a book just fine, but sometimes if someone else is holding the book and I'm reading along side of them, all the lines blend together - and that's a little embarrassing if I'm singing out of a song book and I end up singing the wrong words. . But it doesn't happen all the time.

I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced these symptoms.

I've never posted on this, and I'm not really sure how it works. But maybe I'll just have to check back every so often to read more.

But thanks for the posts. It really is nice to know that there's others out there with this "rare" "unknown cure" of a disease that's affecting our eyeballs.

Rebecka

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread