It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
(female)

paploo HB User
corneal erosion and surgery

I have had recurrent corneal abrasions for 3 years in one eye. I now have the worst one yet. My vision is blurry which is causing awful headaches. My eye doctor referred me to an eye surgeon to repair my cornea. I can't get an appointment with the surgeon for a couple of weeks. I have a huge eye phobia and this whole mess makes me want to throw up. I get nauseated just thinking about it. Has anyone had this surgery? Could you tell me something about it, please? Thank you.

Signed,
a very scared and nervous Paploo

Old 04-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
(male)

jparker31 HB User
Re: corneal erosion and surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by paploo View Post
I have had recurrent corneal abrasions for 3 years in one eye. I now have the worst one yet. My vision is blurry which is causing awful headaches. My eye doctor referred me to an eye surgeon to repair my cornea. I can't get an appointment with the surgeon for a couple of weeks. I have a huge eye phobia and this whole mess makes me want to throw up. I get nauseated just thinking about it. Has anyone had this surgery? Could you tell me something about it, please? Thank you.

Signed,
a very scared and nervous Paploo
I had the stromal puncture surgery done for RCE 10 years ago. The surgery was a breeze, and done within 15 minutes in the doctor's office. The doctor put some device over my eye so I could not even see what he was doing.

The recovery was the worst part. I remember he told me that my eye is going to feel like a mack truck hitting me once the numbing wore off. Unfortunately, mine wore off while I was in traffic and the pain was quite intense. I was yelling and felt like my eye was on fire. Thankfully, the medication and genteal gel helped a lot.

Another thing that really bothered me for awhile is at night, I would see distortion on the bottom half of a street light. The distortion was cause by the permanent puncture marks. It has diminished a good deal and doesn't bother me anymore though.

I'm glad I got the surgery because I was in so much pain with RCE every other day. Mine gradually went away, and I haven't had a full blown attack in years!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread