It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
(male)

pete101 HB User
is there any treatment which improves the quality of the epithilial cells on the eye?

in relation to my other 2 threads.

does anyone know of any treatment which improves the strength/quality of the epithelial cells on the eye surface (both the cornea and conjunctiva)?

i've been suffering abrasions for years but i dont appear to have the atypical symptoms of recurrent corneal abrasion (although it is recurrent in the dictionary sense of the word)

frustatingly every time i went to see the ophthamologist they'd discharge me as they couldn't find any evidence of damage and i tried to explain that the abrasions heal quickly but the fact i get them easily is the issue.

even my eyelid rubbing on my eye causes an abrasion.

i use ocular lubricants daily but is there any treatment be it medical or surgical that helps improve the strength of the cornea and conjunctival epithelial cells?

Old 05-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
(male)

pete101 HB User
Re: is there any treatment which improves the quality of the epithilial cells on the

i mean more medication or other treatment that actually improves the quality and strength of the epithelial cells?

the problem i have is that when my eye heals the cells on the surface are never strong enough to sustain me even blinking as the lid rubs on my eye and causes discomfort and sensitivity.

thanks for the advice though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #3
(male)

Dalton683 HB User
Re: is there any treatment which improves the quality of the epithilial cells on the

You could try asking your eye doctor about oral perscriptions, and/or steroids to aid in the healing process.

Did you try the castor oil? If so, were there any positive effects?

I hope your eye doctor is able to help, as it must be frustrating for everyone involved to be unable to help.

The only other clue I can glean from your post is to be careful with daily lubricants and eye drops, as their overuse can interfere with the natural lubrication process in the eye.

Best of luck!

Closed Thread