It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
(male)

hhowk HB User
Hi, friends! I've had the same mysterious eye problem since I was born. Any ideas?

I was born with a lazy eye. My parents put me through three eye surgeries as a child (I'm 25 now) in an attempt to correct what my doctors thought was a problem with the muscles of the eye.

I can see out of the eye, but it's blurry--the best I can describe it is seeing in 16 bit video game graphics.

More recently, an eye doctor said that he noticed a strand of "something" that is most likely scattering the light that reaches my retina. Interestingly, I could sort of see the strand when he shined his light into my eye. This would line up with what another childhood doctor said; he surmised that it could be a "scar" in the back of my eye, which I always found hard to believe.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone has experienced, heard of, or may know what this is. Could modern laser surgery get rid of such a strand? If it miraculously could, would I be able to see clearly out of both eyes for the first time in my life? Or is my 16 bit vision here to stay?

I really appreciate the help.

Hans

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
(female)

Laura1000 HB UserLaura1000 HB UserLaura1000 HB User
Re: Hi, friends! I've had the same mysterious eye problem since I was born. Any ideas

Hi Hans,
May I ask, were you born prematurely?
I may have some advice if this were to be the case.
Best wishes
Laura

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
(male)

hhowk HB User
Re: Hi, friends! I've had the same mysterious eye problem since I was born. Any ideas

Hey Laura,

Nope. I was born healthy and even a bit chunky..

Hans

Closed Thread