It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
(male)

olel HB User
Pain and headaches when I look at bright things

Allow me to tell you how I ended up with this pain in the first place, at least what I'm certain caused it:

Last year I decided to perform a dive from a 7+ meter long mountain, and it went terribly wrong... I ended up getting completely imbalanced in-air, and I landed so wrong I got the worst pressure you can imagine applied to my eyes. I could immediately feel indescribable pain before I even reached the surface, I knew something was really wrong with my eyes from that point on. It was so bad I tried to close my eyes as much as possible, but in order to find a way to get back up to the mountain I had to keep my eyes open. I eventually found my way up and after just sitting still for an hour the pain wasn't going away. I had to call someone to come and get me to a doctor.

Later when I was seeing my personal doctor I described what had happened and tried to describe the pain I was experiencing, he came to the conclusion that some sort of 'skeleton' behind my eyes might have been damaged/broken, and this is where I want to ask anyone on this forum: Do you know what this 'skeleton' is called? Also when I told my friends about this, there was this one guy who recognised what I described - he told me boxers tend to damage this skeleton too if they get hit too hard near their eyes, I don't know if that's true or not but maybe it could be of any use to you guys? I would like to browse the web and find out more, as I cannot see a doctor until later next week and ask him instead, or maybe someone here would be able to?

I am a person who spend a lot of time on a computer, and it's easy to notice a light headache immediately when turning on the screen, developing into a bigger headache as I proceed to sit more and more infront of a screen. I never had problems like these before the 'dive went wrong' incident. I see things very clear so I don't think I'm in need of an eyeglass prescription.

What do you guys think? Thank you so much for answers in advance

Last edited by olel; 07-22-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Pain and headaches when I look at bright things

He might be talking about an orbital fracture. The orbital bones are the "eye socket." Were any x-rays done at the time of the initial injury?

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
olel (07-22-2012)
Old 07-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
(male)

olel HB User
Re: Pain and headaches when I look at bright things

I see, thanks

No x-rays. He dipped some liquid in both my eyes which stung a bit, but he told me it would heal naturally if I would take it easy for the next couple of days, which it did.

The first few days after it happened, if I looked at anything bright, the pain was unbearable and I had to look away immediately, otherwise it would feel like my eyes were popping out. After a few days I could look at bright things again, it still hurts, but it's nowhere near as bad.

You are probably wondering why I'm thinking of going to a doctor a whole year later... and it's actually because I recently started working with computers and it's an issue for me when I have to stare at a computer screen for long durations.

Last edited by olel; 07-22-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Closed Thread