It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2012, 07:05 AM   #1
(female)

coloboma HB User
Question vitrectomy an coloboma. need help

Hello plz excuse my typing my phone is so sensitive. I'm 30 yrs old an i have two kids. I was born with an eye disease in my left eye called coloboma an due to it i was left blind in that eye. So all my life ive been at an eye dr. So about 10 yrs ago i started seeing changes in my only eye i can see out of an it was green spots. No dr in VA couldn't figure out what was wrong an told me to deal with it. Well 3 yrs ago it got worse then i started to go to bigger dr. I first went to Duke university an the man there told me i had fluid built up behind my eye however my vision at the time was 20/80 an he told me he wouldn't re ommend surgery since its my only vision plus i was pregnant at the time. Well a year or so later i went to another dr at UVA an got another opinion well basically that dr said the same thing. He then told me the coloboma i had in my other eye that left me blind i have it in my good eye but it wasn't bad but it made my eye structure weak. So the coloboma in my good eye causes the fluid to build up. Im sorry i explain more but its so much. My eyecant is all messed up an its a mystery on how to fix my problem. So last year i started having difficulties N seeing spots an wavy things an i had to stop working eell i went to John Hopkins in maryland an they said the same thing but they ere willing to help fix the problem. The thing was they didn't have a clear resolution and had to get a board toj review my issues. So some said to jus leave k an some say do a victrectomy with gas bubble an see if that works. So i was scared an got another opinion an someone referred me to Duke to another dr an she seem so confident that she wback anted to do jus the victrectomy an see if that helps. Well i know its no procedure for me at the time an i have been reading up on vitrectomy an they seem scary an if. I do it i will b blind cuz its all the vision i have. If anyone can help an if anyone has been in something similar plz contact me. I am suppose to hqve surgery august 8 in Duke. Thanks for listening. Firgit to say my vision now us 20/200

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
(female)

coloboma HB User
Re: vitrectomy an coloboma. need help

Well i see no one responded. guess im too new or was unclear of some thingd. well to let you all that just read post know i had the vitrectomy surgery 2 weeks ago. it wasnt so bad. unfortuantly i had to get the gas bubble due to tue dr said i had a tear in my retina an they had to laser that close. strange to say the gas bubble after about 7 days i started to see through it an good however as the bubble dissolves an my vision started coming back i couldnt see a thing but i could only see through the bubble. well now the bubble is gone an im sooooooo bluty i cant read my phone or read papers so i had to get reading glasses an it works. my question is y cant i see now to read an y am i stll bluty? Anyone else had this problem. oh an im still on one eye dropfor at least another week. i jus syop my dilating drops so that prob is some of my blury problems. thanks for reading!

Reply Reply