It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2012, 01:39 AM   #1
(female)

violin praise HB User
33 year old female with iop of 65

I was diagnosed with glaucoma a year ago and just went back for my follow up. My pressure in my right eye was 65 and my left was 31. I didn't have any pain associated with it but ocasionaly would not be able to focus with my right eye. I was taking only Travatan Z in the evenings but am now on Cosopt PF in the am and pm. I also went from a -5.75 to -6.25 in my right eye and -5.25 to -5.50 in my left eye in six months. I am curious how many others have experienced this and your outcome thus far. Thank you for anycomments.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #2
(female)

violin praise HB User
Re: 33 year old female with iop of 65

Has any one experienced this? Does any one have high pressure for any other reasons?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2012, 01:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User

Hi, ViolinPraise, I don't have glaucoma, just noticed your hat and, as another violin, piano, and church organ musician, former Union member, semi-retired, want to welcome you. Sorry, I don't know anything about glaucoma. Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle For This Useful Post:
violin praise (10-04-2012)
Old 08-20-2012, 02:39 AM   #4
(male)

jonron HB User

I have no knowledge to offer you about your pressures, but do know that others out in the cyberworld care about folks who are going through this thing called glaucoma together. Keep posting. Someone will respond who has more knowledge!

The Following User Says Thank You to jonron For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #5
(male)

senior41 HB Usersenior41 HB Usersenior41 HB User

violin praise

what are your iop readings now? 65 and 31 seem off the charts. I've been on Lumigan for 10 years now and it has controlled my pressure very nicely. I had an exam 3 days ago an the readings for both eyes were in the upper teens.

senior41 08/24/2012

The Following User Says Thank You to senior41 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #6
(female)

violin praise HB User

Unfortunately We have moved and won't have insurance until January. I was able to get enough meds for three months but will not be able to get my iop checked for another few months. I am on lantanoprost and Cosopt PF. I have noticed that during bible studies or when trying to see someones face that their eyes, nose, and mouth are not distinct. I just hope and pray that things will progress slowly for the next 3 months. Thank you for your replies.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #7
(male)

senior41 HB Usersenior41 HB Usersenior41 HB User

violin praise

Schedule an exam as soon as you reach your new location. It will probably cost a hundred dollars MOL. You can't put a price tag on something as vital as your vision. The damage done by glaucoma is often irreversable, so pay out of pocket if you must.

senior41

The Following User Says Thank You to senior41 For This Useful Post:
violin praise (10-09-2012)
Old 10-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #8
(female)

violin praise HB User

I agree but paying out of pocket is not an option. We don't have the finances for that. Each time I went to the dr it cost me two hundred thirty out side of what the insurance paid. Being a new patient they will run their own tests. Lots of money I just do not have. However with the three months of scripts that I do have that will take me right up to the line and I should be fine. Thank you for your concern.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #9
(female)

BooksRule HB User

I'm curious. When your doctor changed your meds (he added another drop, right?) did he have you make an appointment to see if the changes in medication were working? I've had glaucoma for probably 15 years or so, and I've been through most of the drops that you can take. Everytime my doctor changes my drop prescription, he has me come in a couple of weeks later to see how my pressures are doing (and I've had laser twice--he definitely has me come in for followups from those). If your new drops are working okay and your pressures are coming down, then you would be fine until your next visit. But, if they aren't working, then further changes should be made. Is there a free clinic nearby where you could get your pressures checked? Or maybe one of those 'health fairs' (like at the senior center or mall) where you can get pressures checked? Many times, you wouldn't have to be a senior to have your IOP checked, especially if you explain the situation.

Those are kind of high numbers and I would want to get them down soon (if they aren't already lowering. They might be okay, and having the pressure checked by some means would give you peace of mind if they're okay). So far, my vision has been okay (except for my mostly lifelong nearsightedness) and I haven't lost any sight due to glaucoma. But I do go back to my opthamologist three times a year (which can be a hassle sometimes) because I am too scared of vision problems developing. I'm actually due to go back next month and hope my pressures are okay. I think last time they were 14 and 16 (I had my 2nd laser about a year ago, which has helped a lot).

Please keep us posted. Don't panic, but be diligent.

The Following User Says Thank You to BooksRule For This Useful Post:
violin praise (10-21-2012)
Old 10-21-2012, 11:06 PM   #10
(female)

violin praise HB User

When I saw my doctor he worked very hard to get my pressure down that day. I visited him the next day and my right eye was down in the 30's and my left was at 22. I left Alaska the next day. He was concerned because they have not yet determined the cause of my high iop. He feels that it is secondary. However, the last few days I have felt great pressure behind my eyes and I am nauseous. My eyes hurt pretty bad right now. In the morning I will call a optho that has been reccommended and see what they feel I should do. Thank you for your many ideas. If the dr doesn't pan out I will look into some clinics. Thank you.

Reply Reply