It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
(male)

GS305 HB User
Unhappy Muddy eyes

I have a serious problem of muddy eyes. So much that I have to clean every 30-40 minutes. Its very embarrassing when I am talking to people. It has affected my social life very much. Please help !!

Old 07-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Muddy eyes

If you are having a yellow or greenish discharge sticking your eyelids together, ESP in AM when you wake up, you may have "pink eye"., a contagious bacterial infection that can be treated with antibiotic eye drops. These are RX so you need to have eyes checked by a physician. Excessive watering of clear fluid can be caused by allergies or blocked tear ducts.

Last edited by ladybud; 07-29-2012 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Typo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
(male)

GS305 HB User

Thank you so much for your reply Ladybud. Its not yellow or greenish. Its always white or off white. I dont have a problem of excessive watering of eyes either. I tried one antibiotic eye drops once and it helped but it came back when I stopped using it. I have tried talking to a couple of doctors but they try avoiding this topic. All they say is to leave it alone and advise me not to use too much antibiotic eye drops as they have many side effects. I do however feel that I may be having problem of blocked tear ducts. How can I cure that ?

Old 08-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Sometimes gentle downward massage from the inner corner of eye down the channel that runs between the cheekbone and side of nose can help. This can be done following warm compresses applied for 10-15 minutes with either one clean finger or a cotton ball dampened (so you don't get cotton fibers in eye.). If you look up a picture online of just where the tear ducts are, you'll see the area to massage, downward only. Sometimes a tiny tube has to be put in the tear duct to keep it open. These are easy to have inserted by an eye doctor if it turns out that is the problem. Have you seen an eye doctor for this? It sounds like there could still be infection, as often as you have to clean eyes.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
(male)

GS305 HB User

Thanks so much for your valuable advise. I have been massaging the area you had advised and I can already notice the difference. I have seen 50% of improvement in my problem. I do believe there must be some kind of infection still. I would try some safe eye drops for that. Tons of thanks to you. God bless.

Closed Thread