It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #1
(female)

hol88 HB User
Unhappy Patch of light in left eye vision

Hi, over the last five or six days I have noticed a patch of light in the vision of my left eye - at first I thought I was imagining it as I had been worrying about other health problems and I wondered whether I was being paranoid. I still am slightly sceptical of this because if I can stop thinking about it I don't tend to see it.. however, at the moment it is all I can think about it and therefore I can see it all the time. I am quite certain it was not there a few weeks ago.

It is similar to the light you see when you have looked at a light bulb or a camera flash, slightly dimmer than this but it is towards the left, bottom side of my vision. When I close my eye it is there for a short period of time, again as if I have looked at a lightbulb. For the record I am a 23 yr old female with no other diagnosed medical condition (although I have been having abdominal problems recently which they are still trying to get to the bottom of.)

I have booked an appointment with my doctor tonight, although I think he is starting to think I am a hypochondriac. I also have an appointment with my optician in a couple of days time so I am hoping they will give me some good advice if the doctor cannot.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has had this and has had a problem diagnosed, or if it is something I am just going to have to get used to and stop worrying about?

Old 08-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
(male)

BlueCricket HB User
Re: Patch of light in left eye vision

Hi there, Hol88. I too have a similar problem... This spot appears to flare up slightly with a blink, and slowly disappears if ignored. I've gotten my eyes checked quite a few times in the past 3 months, and they've all told me that my eyes are completely healthy. This get's me down a lot because no one can tell me for sure what it could be, or what could be causing it.

I wish you luck in your appointment. :]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply