It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
(female)

Gin and Tonic HB User
Diplopia surgery?

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site having found it through Google. I must apologise for my user name as I couldn't think of anything so decided to use my favourite drink. I had a brain tumour removed 18 months ago and after having my eye stitched down for the past 15 months due to not being able to blink due to facial palsy after my op I'm am left with diplopia. My question is is there any alternative to surgery to correct my eye, I have tried different strength prisms but without success.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:55 AM   #2
(female)

Gin and Tonic HB User
Re: Diplopia surgery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin and Tonic View Post
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site having found it through Google. I must apologise for my user name as I couldn't think of anything so decided to use my favourite drink. I had a brain tumour removed 18 months ago and after having my eye stitched down for the past 15 months due to not being able to blink due to facial palsy after my op I'm am left with diplopia. My question is is there any alternative to surgery to correct my eye, I have tried different strength prisms but without success.
As I've had no replies to my question does anyone know of any eye exercises I might try to get my eye back in place

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Beefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB User

Hi G&T, Welcome to the website.
We're a happy bunch most of the time but a certain amount of patience and prodding is sometimes needed to get a response. Suppose that reflects the great variety of eye conditions ppl can have. Well done getting over the surgery, but sorry I can't help with your exact condition. Keep punchin' gal.
G.L. with it. Beefy.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
(female)

Gin and Tonic HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefsteak View Post
Hi G&T, Welcome to the website.
We're a happy bunch most of the time but a certain amount of patience and prodding is sometimes needed to get a response. Suppose that reflects the great variety of eye conditions ppl can have. Well done getting over the surgery, but sorry I can't help with your exact condition. Keep punchin' gal.
G.L. with it. Beefy.
Hi Beefsteak thanks for replying I thought it was a long shot but worth posting in case somebody could help me. I am definitely over the worse us Poms and a gritty lot ha ha

Old 08-31-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Beefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB User

G&T, If you search the forum for "diplopia" that will bring up any posts or threads to read.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-22-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:18 AM   #6
(female)

Gin and Tonic HB User

Thanks Beefsteak I'll try that

Reply Reply