It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
(female)

GenevieveAlbers HB User
Thumbs up HELP!!! Vision Changing FAST! Need advice PLZ!

Hi everyone. I am having some problems with my eyes. A few years ago I had longterm exposure to carbon monoxide in a place I rented. When I lived there, I was very ill. I noticed my son kept having issues with his eyes and would make strange faces trying to alleviate whatever he was feeling in his eyes. I also noticed a blue vein type of thing at that time, which is now gone. My Dr. back then said I had a pterygium. I don't know much about that - and think it is now gone. SORRY for the long introduction.

Since we left that exposure, I noticed while at my computer that I started to feel nauseated often - felt like motion sickness. I then (one day in particular) experienced a sudden jolt of dizziness, some slight pressure in my left eye and nearly fell off my chair - vision was blurred and things went dark - then saw some sparkles and vision returned.. I then figured out I may have had something wrong with my eyes and got them checked. When examined, my Dr. said the sickness was because my eyes were constantly trying to compensate and focus. I had a really weird/rare prescription with near-sightedness in one eye and far in the other. Prior to all this stuff, my vision was always 20/20 and fine.

A bit over a year later, I noticed it was harder to see the computer text and things seemed weird with my eyes - couldn't see very well again. Had my eyes checked and the guy who checked them didn't believe that the first exam I had a year earlier was correct - as it changed SO MUCH. I am pretty positive the first one was correct because the guy had been doing his job for many years and I had my eyes checked TWO TIMES to be sure - both times the Rx were the same. At this time, I am struggling with blurriness and nausea again - so I called and setup an appt for another exam this coming week. I'll put my Rx's below for people to see. Any advice, thoughts, input - ideas - anything you have to say is really appreciated. I am frustrated - it's tough to keep changing these prescriptions and having it affect so much of what I am doing and how I am feeling. Thanks....

9-8-10 Prescription:
OD: +125 spherical -50 cylindrical Axis 165

1-13-12 Prescription:
OD: +150 spherical -75 cylindrical Axis 2

What does this mean?

Last edited by GenevieveAlbers; 08-25-2012 at 09:49 PM. Reason: need to grab attention and get some comments/advice!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Beefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB User
Re: HELP!!! Vision Changing FAST! Need advice PLZ!

Your eyes can change a lot during life and regular eye exams are important.
First up get your eye pressures measured - only takes a few minutes.
Then get an optician to "carefully" determine the correct script for you, and maybe you might need different scripts for reading and distance - that's fine. Once you have the scripts you can go online and get the glasses for about $10 a pair provided you don't want any designer or fancy stuff. I use Bestpriceglasses and they are reliable and very inexpensive.
Here is Australia the eyetest is free (Medicare - one free test every 2 yrs, or a small fee for more frequent tests) and they have to provide you the script by law. Then online and you have good glasses for almost nothing. Keep the script for reference.
The pressures will require an optometrist, who can check eye health conditions - here, an ophthalmologist is the next level and a surgeon who can really charge, so it pays to look around.
G.L. with it.

Last edited by Beefsteak; 08-30-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Closed Thread