It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
(female)

HeatherJane HB User
Question Flashing light in both eyes.

I suffer from headaches every day as it is, no not migranes because I've been on the tablets which don't work and I've been to the doctors about it for the past year almost.
But for the past few days now I've been seeing a flashing light in both eyes. It makes everything really bright and makes me feel as if I'm going to faint. It's not multiple flashes nor really quick. It's simply one gradual flash going bright to dim, and then that's it for a while.
It's rather worrying as to what it is due to the fact it can happen at any time. The only other times this has happened to me before I had all the ehadaches was when I did pass out.
Any ideas on what it could be? Thank you for any help given.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:27 AM   #2
(female)

Laura1000 HB UserLaura1000 HB UserLaura1000 HB User
Re: Flashing light in both eyes.

Hi,
Have you had your eye pressure checked? High IOP can cause very severe headaches.
Although your flashes don't sound like retinal detachment flashes you should always get this checked out.
Depending where you are based, there are a handful of opticians who have OCT scanners which look at your retina health (not to be confused with high street retinal cameras), this might be a good idea.
I have regular OCT scans to monitor my eye problem, if you are in the south of England I'm happy to recommend the excellent optician I use. Please feel free to message me privately.
Best wishes
Laura

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Lulubells HB UserLulubells HB User
Re: Flashing light in both eyes.

I have Migraine Associated Vertigo and I have "aura's". Mine are wavy lines in my vision that are followed by what I call "sparkles" (in my vision where everything I see is sparkeling) and then I get a headache about 15 minutes after that.

My headaches are not the killer migraines but seemingly just normal headaches.. The name "Migraine Associated Vertigo" is very misleading. I have had vertigo in the past but I no longer have that instead I just have balance issues and sometimes get a different kind of dizzy than vertigo. There are a varity of symptoms you can have with MAV and never have a headache.

My eye doctor was the first to mention migraines to me when I complained of those aura's and asked me if I got a headache afterwards. I didn't associate the aura's with the headaches until she said that, but I do get them afterwards. Other symptoms I have, nausea, motion sickness (from just walking), sensitivity to lights, especially florescent lighting, dizziness and I stumble and stagger a lot because of the balance issues.

DO get your eyes checked and if they check out ok, then you need to see a neurologist.

Until then, I suggest you look up MAV on the internet and see if it fits what is happening to you..

Closed Thread