It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 06:24 AM   #1
(female)

Ginger664 HB User
Watering Eyes

For the last couple of years, my eyes have been watering. My eye Dr. claims it is because my eyes do not shut all the way when I am sleeping. So they dry out, and the watering in the morning is because of this. I have tried eye drops in the morning and an eye oinment before I go to bed at night. The Dr. said if this does not work, then I have to get a prescription for Racassis (sp) and I would have to use this the rest of my life. I do not want to take this medicine. The oinment is helping somewhat, but I still have some watering on some mornings. Any body else have this problem and do you have a new suggestion?

Old 11-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
(female)

VA_girl HB User
Re: Watering Eyes

My doc thinks I might have same problem! Just learned today. You can you use a special headband type of thing to keep your eyes shut while you sleep or medical tape too.....I'm going to try a few things, but still not 100% if I open a eye while I sleep

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2012, 04:53 AM   #3
(female)

Ginger664 HB User

Hi VA girl. When I wrote my question, I had only began using eye oinment. (I use Refresh PM Oinment). Well it has been over 11 weeks since I started using it before I go to bed. I must say, that it is working. Sometimes they water a little after I get up, but it doesn't last long. So, I am quite happy with the outcome. I thank you for the suggestions of a special headband or medical tape. It sure would be cheaper to use a headband. But, for now I will keep using the oinment. I felt the same way as you, "I didn't think my eyes were open at night either". But, now I think it is just that. Good luck, with what ever you try. Let me know in a few weeks how you are doing.
Ginger

Last edited by Administrator; 11-18-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
(female)

VA_girl HB User

Thanks for the quick reply Ginger, I'll definitely keep you posted!!! Really hard to tell right now, I need to find someone to watch me sleep! haha....but the ointments have helped a little, but I just don't feel right in that eye. Sometimes it hurts, sometimes the whole eye hurts, sometimes it tears....still gonna use the ointment and have something keep my eye shut tonight, but wonder if there isn't some kind of infection. So far only went to optomitrist, he didn't think it as infection, but I'm going to go to an opthalmologist to see if they can do any extra tests for infections. Never had problems with my eyes like this before, it is pretty scary. I will keep you posted!

Old 11-19-2012, 03:47 AM   #5
(female)

Ginger664 HB User

Hi VA Girl, First off, I don't know what happened, but I had trouble signing in, and next thing I know, my user name has been changed from Ginger Marie to Ginger664? Anyway, it is still me.
What I wanted to reply to, was your comment that your whole eye would hurt. My eyes have never hurt, but sometimes they would get itchy along with the watering. So maybe you might have something there, when you say that you might have an infection? Of course, I am not an expert, but I would use the oinment a little longer, and see it gets any better. Still keep in touch though.

Reply Reply