It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

MrsLinda HB User
Vision after Cataract Surgery.

So I had a cataract removed 1 week ago and went to the Dr. today for the second follow up. My vision is improving each day and she has taken me off the antibiotic leaving me with just two types of drops.

I had a normal lens put in (still need readers and "maybe" distance glasses) but here's the question:

When I walk the sidewalk appears to be "coming up" a little; like when you get a new prescription for glasses. Dr. said this is normal and my brain has to "adjust" to the new lens. I went out a few times today and I do think I'm adjusting.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited by MrsLinda; 09-12-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
(female)

tubint HB Usertubint HB Usertubint HB Usertubint HB User
Re: Vision after Cataract Surgery.

Oh yes, I had that feeling also and have adjusted after several months of improving each month. Actually I did better once I took my mind off of it.

Your brain should adapt, unless the diopters between your two eyes is now more than 3 diopters apart.

Do you know what each eye ended up with in regards to your current post surgery diopters ? such as -1, -.75, etc. etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to tubint For This Useful Post:
MrsLinda (09-12-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

MrsLinda HB User
Re: Vision after Cataract Surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubint View Post
Oh yes, I had that feeling also and have adjusted after several months of improving each month. Actually I did better once I took my mind off of it.

Your brain should adapt, unless the diopters between your two eyes is now more than 3 diopters apart.

Do you know what each eye ended up with in regards to your current post surgery diopters ? such as -1, -.75, etc. etc.
Thank you; thank you; thank you!! I was beginning to think there was something wrong!! Hahaha...And yes; I'm trying not to think of it and the more I go out and run errands the better it gets.

I'm not sure what the diopters are but will ask when I go back in 4 weeks for new prescriptions.

Again thank you for your reply. I would imagine I've spoken to maybe 10 people who have had cataract surgery and not one of them has experienced this. Or...they're just not admitting it!

Reply Reply