It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
(male)

maximo123 HB User
Vision Issues - Complex Patterns and high contrast problems

I am a 39 year old male and have been suffering from what I can only describe as 'flickering vision'.

It is a problem that I have when looking at high contrast patterns such as rows of supermarket shelves with stuff on them, oriental rugs, white text on a black background on a computer screen. It feels like the light contrast has to be exactly right for this to occur. It also feels like horizontal lines close together are causing it. It FEELS like my eyes are trying to focus on it but can not completely do it and so my brain is compensating for it but can't quite do it. Sometimes I feel a bit nausaus after it.

Visual Acuity is not effected and I have no blurry vision

When I close either eye it completely goes away. Also if I use sunglasses it reduces the effect and makes it more bearable.

I have visited numerous Opthalmologists, Optomoterists and a Neurologist. All eye tests come back completely normal (better than 20/20 vision) except for a slight left dry eye but that comes and goes. I just use reading glasses now as I spend a lot of time behind a computer.

I had an EEG and MRI. Both came back normal. My neurologist doesn't seem to have a clue. I think he thinks I am mad.

I have been told it could be an eye teaming problem and is binocular in nature. All the Doctors seem to do the basic tests and once they come back as clear they lose interest in what might be the problem. Its like they are saying just live with it.

I feel like I am avoiding those situations now and it is affecting my life.

I really would appreciate any help or advice/ideas on what this could be and how to solve it.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2014, 03:18 PM   #2
(male)

Renardo HB User
Re: Vision Issues - Complex Patterns and high contrast problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximo123 View Post
I am a 39 year old male and have been suffering from what I can only describe as 'flickering vision'.

It is a problem that I have when looking at high contrast patterns such as rows of supermarket shelves with stuff on them, oriental rugs, white text on a black background on a computer screen. It feels like the light contrast has to be exactly right for this to occur. It also feels like horizontal lines close together are causing it. It FEELS like my eyes are trying to focus on it but can not completely do it and so my brain is compensating for it but can't quite do it. Sometimes I feel a bit nausaus after it.

Visual Acuity is not effected and I have no blurry vision

When I close either eye it completely goes away. Also if I use sunglasses it reduces the effect and makes it more bearable.

I have visited numerous Opthalmologists, Optomoterists and a Neurologist. All eye tests come back completely normal (better than 20/20 vision) except for a slight left dry eye but that comes and goes. I just use reading glasses now as I spend a lot of time behind a computer.

I had an EEG and MRI. Both came back normal. My neurologist doesn't seem to have a clue. I think he thinks I am mad.

I have been told it could be an eye teaming problem and is binocular in nature. All the Doctors seem to do the basic tests and once they come back as clear they lose interest in what might be the problem. Its like they are saying just live with it.

I feel like I am avoiding those situations now and it is affecting my life.

I really would appreciate any help or advice/ideas on what this could be and how to solve it.

Thanks
Hello do you still have this problem?

Reply Reply