It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
(female)

briprov HB User
Vision Blacking out

So for the past couple of weeks, I will randomly have either a complete blackout (where the room starts fading to black, and returns to normal within a few seconds), or I will have one eye that the vision somewhat fades from. The best way I can describe this one eye vision blackout is that it is the same sensation you get if you look into a really bright light/the sun and you look away and you find it harder to see the things around you for a few seconds. It almost feels like one of my pupils is more dialated than the other or something. I don't know how else to explain it, but it seems like it keeps happening more. I also had my blood pressure taken today, which is normally somewhere around 112/72. I'm 18 years old, 5'0 and weigh 110. Today my blood pressure was 142/86. Also, each time I have had my hemoglobin levels taken for the past 3 months, I've been told that it is "slightly high". Even when I donated blood, which I drank plenty of water for, so I couldn't have been dehydrated. When I donated, I was told my blood was flowing very slowly. A week after that, I accidentally cut my hand with a knife and it didn't bleed for about 30 seconds, finally began bleeding, and then stopped right away and I had sticky blood and small blood clots come out of it. I don't know if all of this could be connected, I figured if there is something going on with my blood (such as hypercoagulability) and all of these weird vision problems, they could be related. I have also been EXTREMELY short of breath, walking up the stairs has me gasping for air. Which is very abnormal as I am very athletic. On top of all of this, I have had digestive issues since July, including moderate abdominal pain, nausea, persistent mucus in stools, a lot of gas as well as belching. I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy on Monday to rule out a few things. If anyone has any idea what could be causing my list of weird symptoms or anything I could do to help these symptoms subside, it would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
blackouts, blood