It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
(male)

traws2 HB User
macular and optic disc leakage?????

hi all this started this febuary started by getting flashes in left eye in mornings told it was optical migraine but the continued the was refered to the eye clinic and found swolled optic disc and leakage had loads of blood tests eventually found toxocara in the results[ round worms from dogs] had 5 day treatment with strong wormer but was still having problems with the vision in my left eye. shimmering and lines and as i am a sheep shearer and farmer i had to carry on with my work bending down and shearing sheep everyday it didn,t get any worse but didn,t improve much , i was put on steroids and eye drop steroids after 4 weeks leakage stopped in disc and macular but swelling still in optic disc in left eye had 3 nights on iv steroids to reduce swelling it worked but started glucoma increased pressure in eyes and made optic disc in right eye swollen aswell!!!! and also back in left . back on 20mg steroids and eye drops for pressure they stayed like this for 3 weeks went down to 15mg the 12,5 the 10 swelling still in both discs the varied each week up and down the leakage came back the left eye went back up to 20mg after 2 days leakage stopped sight good again during this time i had on mri on brain at start of all this all clear the had another with spine mri also clear again was on 20mg steroids and eye drops for few weeks fine the for no reason leakage came back again the it started being very weird sight started just going back to almost perfect in a blink of a eye one minute fuzzy blurry left eye next fine back to 95%normal sight this happens almost every day i get up every morning bad sight in left eye then it can happen any time of day i just comes right on it,s own then it,s ok rest of the day i go to bed good sight but get up next morning bad again Had a lumbar punch month ago all came back normal now there stuck what to do next this leakage just starts on stops for no reason difficult what to do for best lucky no pain or any other problems other than this healthy so if anybody can help with a clue about this i would be very thakfull

traws2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply