It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
(male)

boic HB Userboic HB User
"AfterImage" in right eye only when looking up?

Hi Guys

So my right eye has been playing up for a while now. When I would wear my glasses for a while and take them off again, my right eye would twitch if I squinted. That doesnt seem to be a problem at the moment though.. as it is most likely related to eye strain

My problem is this:

At night time usually.. in low light conditions.. I have an afterimage that lasts for a lot longer than what it should. Maybe a few minutes! It happens whilst laying down usually, and only happens in my right eye usually. Sometimes affects my left one too.

I see little black/white stars/sparkles at times in my vision too, like when you sneeze hard.. except this happens whilst looking at bright lights at times and sitting down for a while.

Blood Pressure is fine. Blood Glucose levels are totally normal too. Checked them both multiple times.

What could this be? I'm thinking perhaps some form of anemia? Open to suggestions. I will see my own doctor at some point, but just wanted some general ideas.

Chris

Old 04-29-2013, 02:16 AM   #2
(male)

matt83 HB User
Re: "AfterImage" in right eye only when looking up?

Hi Chris i have this badd too i see stars and sparkles like white or kinda like fireworks and is worse on the computer and on bright backgrounds like white and worse when outside and look in the sky.ever figure anything out? let me know thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2013, 02:17 AM   #3
(male)

matt83 HB User

i also see after images

Old 04-29-2013, 02:48 AM   #4
(male)

boic HB Userboic HB User

I know exactly what yours is I think.. its just part of Myopia (Short Sightedness). As for the afterimages.. no idea! Ive had blood tests done and everything. All came back normal. My doctor doesnt know what it is. I've read that MS can cause some of the problems Ive been having as can an inner ear infection. Maybe it's that?

Old 04-29-2013, 05:09 AM   #5
(male)

matt83 HB User

it could be inner ear im not sure so how long has it been going on now?

Old 04-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #6
(male)

boic HB Userboic HB User

For me.. this has been going on for about 6 months or so I think. Sometimes I get a blue flash of light in the eye too. Lasts just a few seconds.

Had my eyes tested and the optician didnt seen worried at all. Sometimes a Visual Migraine without the headache can cause this too.. and also anxiety problems. I got worried at first because I thought it was something to do with not getting enough oxygen to the brain that caused me to see the things in my eyes, but doesnt seem to be the case really. Panic attacks can cause it too.

Its a normal part of shortsightedness to see the speckles when you look at something light.. like the sky or perhaps sometimes the screen of the computer etc. These are called floaters. Totally normal.

With the afterimage thing though.. that can be a bit more scary as its really hard to describe to someone what it is youre experiencing. Tight neck muscles could be a possible cause, perhaps trapping nerves etc too. Optic Neuritis is another possible cause.. so many different things. With the optic neuritis you can also seem to have a "cloudy" vision too at times when coming into a lighter area from a darker area. This is your pupils adjusting to the new light level. Its also probably the cause of the afterimages too with us.

I would probably advise you see an optician/doctor about it though.. just to make sure youre OK otherwise with your health. Worst thing I did was think I was OK not seeing a doctor about the problems Ive been having for 9 months or so now (vertigo, nausea, lightheadedness) and now they dont know what is wrong. That is why I suggested about the inner ear problems.. because they can spread from your sinus after an infection and cause optic neuritis and other problems.

How long have you had this for?

Closed Thread