It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
(female)

88Girl HB User
What do these symptoms mean?

I have the doctors stumped.

Snowy vision with blind spots in my near-central vision that flash/flicker (both eyes but left is worse - the blind spots only started appearing a few months back and have never improved, but I've had snowy vision for a few years, although it's got worse this year). Lots of veins on the white part of my eye and sometimes sharp pains or dull aching in my eyes.

Big patch of thread veins on right thigh for past few years (Dr told me caused by pill, came off it over a year ago and vision loss only started after that), loss of skin sensation on some parts of body (although most has returned now), started in June this year, similar time to vision problems. Sometimes get heart palpitations.

Feeling faint when I get hungry (and I don't mean REALLY hungry, just 3 or so hours after eating). Drowsy after eating. Sometimes feeling dizzy, haven't noticed a particular pattern with that but it's different from feeling faint, not a weak feeling.

The vision loss is what bothers me most. I am terrified. I am a 24 year old female, clean living and I had an active lifestyle until this set in earlier in the year. Does anyone have an ideas?

I've had an MRI which apparently doesn't show anything and have had my eyes examined LOADS of times. They said they once found a possible bleed but other than that, nothing, so I'm not being given any treatment. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
(female)

HEARTSY LADY HB User
Re: What do these symptoms mean?

Sorry you are going through this! I can relate to a lot of what you are goung through & I know how scary it is. I have been dealing with these sort of things since I was 17 (I am now almost 36). I have a very large permanent blind spot I've had since 17 as well as several newer ones spread throughout my vision. I have had several new ones come up in my vision over the last few months. I have a post on here that goes more in detail called BLIND SPOTS IN PERIPHERAL VISION. I understand about them flashing and flickering (a lot of times I look up at brighter light and they stop flashing). Just know that you are not alone!

Old 11-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
(female)

88Girl HB User

Thanks for your reply. Wow so you have never found out what's causing them? Mine are in my centre 10 degrees of vision... so it's pretty much whatever I'm looking at. It's pretty irritating, I can't tolerate watching tv now unless the room is really brightly lit (I don't know why that helps but it seems to decrease the 'snow' at least). Do you have any of the other symptoms I am experiencing? Thanks again for your reply.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #4
(female)

HEARTSY LADY HB User

I have 6 areas where I have vision loss in my left eye...one from when I was 17 & the other areas have came up since Oct. 2012. I am now having hazy/jumpy vision...very hard to describe. Not sure what is going on. How are things with your vision?

Closed Thread