It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
(male)

alazzawi HB User
Cataracts Surgery/ crystalens

Crystalens post-op
Hello everyone. I had cataract surgery Tuesday (2012/11/27) @1:30 pm in my left eye with Crystalens AO. It's really early but I wanted to post about my experiences so others might know what to expect.

The power of my glasses of my left eye was (-5.0) for nearsightedness and my vision was 20.30.

My first appointment was Today Wednesday (the next day after the operation ( 2012/11/28)) @ 7:30 am, my vision tested 20/50 and was blurring. Next appointment will be after 2 weeks and will posted.

Intermediate vision (2-20 feet) it is fair now after one day of the surgery.

With Crystalens the pupil remains dilated for some time after surgery. I had read about this - the surgeon explained it is so the lens does not "accomodate" during the initial healing process.
It will be interesting to see if the reading vision and the distance vision improve when the pupil starts functioning normally.

I would like others to know my experience and the pros and cons and will give you more details on the results after 2 weeks.

The following user gives a hug of support to alazzawi:
halmar113 (11-28-2012)
Old 11-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
(female)

halmar113 HB User
Re: Cataracts Surgery/ crystalens

I'm slated for my second cataract surgery this coming Monday. I had a very good experience with the first eye, so am not expecting any problems...hopefully...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
(male)

alazzawi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by halmar113 View Post
I'm slated for my second cataract surgery this coming Monday. I had a very good experience with the first eye, so am not expecting any problems...hopefully...
Thank you for the encourging comments, and wish you a good luck for the second surgery.

My sergeon increased the dosage drops. Now I am in fifth day after the surgery of my left eye and my vision still blurry and not improved from 20/50.
I will not do the right eye until get full recovery of the left one and having a good vision, which might takes months.
Would you please let me know from your experience how long it takes to get full recovery and have good vision for your first eye post operation.

Thanks

Last edited by alazzawi; 12-01-2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: corrections

Old 12-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #4
(female)

halmar113 HB User

With the first one, it was almost immediate (as I recall). This time there are no eye drops before the surgery...I don't know about after...I'll let you know. Seems strange that it is taking as long as it has for your "good" vision to return.

However, with my macular hole surgery over a year ago, it took quite a while before it cleared up..I had to do the face-down position for 8 days, but after that, it was okay except for lots of floaters...they went on for several months, off and on.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #5
(male)

alazzawi HB User

Was the IOL crystalens?

Old 12-02-2012, 05:08 AM   #6
(female)

halmar113 HB User

I have no idea. I didn't know there were different lens. I will ask tomorrow when I go in for my surgery.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:30 AM   #7
(female)

ohsaycanyousee HB User
Question Re: Cataracts Surgery/ crystalens

I'm scheduled next month for first eye to have Crystalens AO inserted. What I wonder is what do patients DO between the first and second sugeries? My old glasses would be wierd, NO glasses would be worse. Do people have to buy contact lenses for that short time? Do patients wear a patch over the treated eye? I don't mean to sound like an idiot, but my doctor was busy with a student at my appt. and I was directed to the "scheduler".

Old 07-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #8
(male)

Martyinphx HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsaycanyousee View Post
I'm scheduled next month for first eye to have Crystalens AO inserted. What I wonder is what do patients DO between the first and second sugeries? My old glasses would be wierd, NO glasses would be worse. Do people have to buy contact lenses for that short time? Do patients wear a patch over the treated eye? I don't mean to sound like an idiot, but my doctor was busy with a student at my appt. and I was directed to the "scheduler".
I would gather a bunch of info from as many boards like this...dr needs to be answering your concerns, so you have the answers you need. Get it from your doctor, verify his info, and get another opinion if necessary.

Reply Reply

Tags
cataract surgery