It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
(male)

bfallona HB User
Unhappy Cataract Surgery both eyes 1 still blurry after 2 weeks

I had both eyes done in the last 4 weeks. Right eye which was my "lazy eye" went great I could see well after 2 days and while I can't really read with it the doc was glad with the results since he said it was about 20/50. But my good eye is horrible. I had it done on Nov 22nd and ever since the vision has been very blurry. I can see great from 1ft to 3 ft but blurry past that. I had a 2 week checkup with a tech as the doc was on a 2 week vacation. She claimed it would get better over time, but I am now doubting that. I can't read street signs or license plates. I have to sit within 3 ft of the tv or it is blurry. But I can read great ( I am typing this without glasses for the 1st time in 50 yrs of glasses). I have been wearing trifocals for the last 15 years. Any thoughts on the idea it will improve over time? I go back to the Doc on Dec 20th. Thanks for any and all help

Old 12-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
(female)

ReeseCup914 HB User
Re: Cataract Surgery both eyes 1 still blurry after 2 weeks

Hi Bfallona,
I am about to do both my eyes in mid Jan. I am having the Monofocal lens put in in the place of the cataracts. I am understanding that it should greatly improve my distance vision even tho I will still have to use over the counter glasses to see close which I do already anyway. He told me I should be able to see better almost instantly. Let me know how it goes with your dr visit. I am hoping and praying for better vision for you. Did you have the Multifocals put in? These are the only eyes we have. Lord help us to see!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
(male)

bfallona HB User
Angry Re: Cataract Surgery both eyes 1 still blurry after 2 weeks

Thanks for the reply. No the vision is not improving and it is bumming me out. My eye doctor recommended the cataract guy and he does about 20 surgeries every Tuesday but now I am really bothered. The "technician" who tested my eye I think botched the exam before. There was zero discussion about what type of lens was put in either eye. During my 10 minutes with the surgeon before the 1st one he said that my "lazy" eye may end up being my strong one for reading! I can't read with it although unlike my "good" eye It was clear from the day after surgery and I can see from near to far. I measured my sight again today and I can only see from 1 ft to 5 ft clear. I thought the goal was to have good distant vision and maybe reading glasses. I am getting frustrated. Anyone have any idea if the doc with just tell me to live with glasses or can they put in a new "correct" lens in my good eye? I will keep all posted after my visit on Dec 20th.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #4
(female)

Laura1000 HB UserLaura1000 HB UserLaura1000 HB User

Hi,
Sorry to hear of your vision difficulties, its always difficult getting used to 'your new vision' after surgery, please hang in there I'm sure your surgeon will be able to advise once your eye has completely settled from the trauma of the procedure.
I'm not an expert but I know that when my cataract was removed a 'correcting' lens was inserted. This lens means my prescription is completely different to prior to the procedure but it cannot make any correction for astigmitism.
For this reason my old glasses were not the correct prescription so once I had new glasses we were able to determine my new acuity levels.
I wish you all the best with your recovery and hope your vision improves really soon.
Laura

Old 11-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #5
(female)

jeny72 HB User

I wonder if vision slowly improved after the origin post? I had a cataract op nearly 4 weeks ago and my long distance vision is also blurry. Surely by now it should have settled down. I can see to read (just) on my new 'long distance' lens (!) but wouldn't be able to drive if the other eye hadn't been so good. Can anyone tell me the longest time you've known/experienced for post cataract vision to clear?

Closed Thread