It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
(female)

Gerdie HB User
Question Eye pain

I'm having a dull pain behind my left eye. It started yesterday and comes and goes. When I first wake up, it feels fine. After I'm up and around, it starts to hurt. I had a test for glaucoma a couple months ago and had no sign of that. I am a 63 year old female.
I wonder if I should see my medical doctor, or my eye doctor.
Any advice?
Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
(female)

Budjd HB User
Re: Eye pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerdie View Post
I'm having a dull pain behind my left eye. It started yesterday and comes and goes. When I first wake up, it feels fine. After I'm up and around, it starts to hurt. I had a test for glaucoma a couple months ago and had no sign of that. I am a 63 year old female.
I wonder if I should see my medical doctor, or my eye doctor.
Any advice?
Thank you!
I would definitely not ignore this pain. Anything out of the ordinary should be addressed. Good Luck and keep the forum posted; we all care.

The Following User Says Thank You to Budjd For This Useful Post:
Gerdie (12-10-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2012, 06:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User

Why not ask both of them? Could be Dry Eye, which could eventually blind you, or.....we need to know alll the other possible causes of pain too. Inflammation is one possible cause? Just guessing. Hope you'll keep us posted.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
(female)

Gerdie HB User

Hi,
Turns out it was a secondary eye infection. My opthalmologist gave me drops and it is feeling better. No clue how I got the infection, but he said I might have had a lash or something in my eye and then the infection developed due to irritation. All better now!
Thank you!

Old 12-23-2012, 06:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User

Glad to hear it's fixed so easily. What kind of drops, btw, in case any of us need to ask for some. An opthalmologist prescribed a $100 one for me that I found out is NOT for patients with Dry Eye and/or Diabetes and some other things. A leaflet was enclosed, but you didn't see it until after you'd bought it. With prescription insurance, it was sitll $53 wasted. Felt like a drop of wax on my cornea and vision was down even more for a few days. HOPE it's better now. I tried to wash it out with Refresh drops.

Closed Thread

Tags
eye pain