It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
(female)

mjzolt HB User
Idiopathic Orbital Inflammatory Disease

I'm a 43 year old female who was diagnosed 6 months ago with type 2 diabetes. I have lost over 100lbs since and quit smoking completely. Suddenly about 3 months ago I started to have sinus infections and after a cat scan was told there was a growth in my orbital socket. Went for a biopsy and given the results of OIS. I was put on 80mgs of Prednisole and had a positive reaction immediately. It seemed to go away. Then about a month ago my eye would not open fully and the eyeball pointed down and leftward. My surgeon brought up third cranial nerve palsy. She sent me to a Neuro-opthamologist who suggest it was scar tissue that grew over a muscle. At this point I still dont have a firm answer. I have been put back on the 80mgs and have been on them now with the wonderful side effects and all for 1 month. They are doing nothing. I go tomorrow to see the surgeon again and she will be sending me to the Rheumatologist. The pain is unbelieveable and it is hard to manage with a family. The worst of it is that Im allergic to narcotics so I have to bare with the pain as best as possible. Has anyone tried to qualify for SSI with this diagnosis? I cant work like this and have to patch the bad eye because it looks awful. I need to find an income though. Any thoughts? I feel like Im never going to get answers and have no clue how to cope. Thanks for the help.

Reply Reply