It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
(female)

foxandhound HB User
Blurry vision upon waking....lasts for few hrs?

Hi, hoping for some help. One day, I woke up and I just could not focus on anything from the clock to the bathroom. Everything was blurry and it was very scary. It was in both eyes. It actually gradually diminished after 5 mins and then my vision became normal an hour or so later. Since then, my long-distance vision is not as clear for details, but im also 30, so I figure I might not have the vision that I once had.

Little blurry wake-up episodes like that happen every so often, but now just in one eye and it varies, but mostly in my right. It can last for an hour or two. During the episode, I seem to be near-sighted in the affected eye and the blur is gone when I view something up close. What is this, a refractive error???

Also, if I rest my head and eyes on my arm, I can "induce" the blurry vision for a minute. Maybe all of us can do that. :P

I also sometimes get blurry detailed vision when I get anxiety and my BP increases. This seems unrelated...lol. I do not have high BP unless I am having anxiety. I am not on medication for anxiety bc it doesnt happen often enough/I am getting better at controlling it. I was wondering if I might have high BP in my sleep????? Once I am asleep, I do not have any issue with staying asleep, no symptoms at night.

I have had a normal EKG, normal blood work aside from high triglycerides and high cholesterol. I am working on losing weight, bike riding often. I was wondering if this was related to hormones...I have not been hormone tested. I dont know what tests to request. New insurance starting in late January....any ideas? Maybe some nerve damage? I would sometimes get a stye on the eyelid, maybe bacteria/infection? Maybe just time for glasses?

Last edited by foxandhound; 12-23-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread