It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
(male)

Tango 5 HB User
Double vision

Hi there
About a year ago I started to very rarely get double vision with both eyes open.Thought nothing of it at first then about 6 months ago I went to work and realised I had constant double vision when looking at moving people at a certain distance.More sleep seemed to help.
I have now got to the point where my double vision is every day and it can be even hard to focus watching tv.Oddly my driving has been unaffected unless I am stationary in the car.The further things are away the bigger the gap between the 2 images.
I have supressed vision in my left eye due to a squint since birth and have never really used that eye only just for the periphery.It seems my lazy eye has switched on and is now trying to work.
All very distressing and hard to explain but I have a appointment at the eye hospital in 2 more weeks to see a consultant.
From what I read prisms would help but my vision isn't constantly doubled it more just certain things that catch my eye and wake it up.

A long post Would be interesting to hear if anyone else has had anything like this.

Merry xmas

Old 01-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #2
(female)

emzywoo HB User
Re: Double vision

Hi, I have the same thing! Was born with amblyopia and astigmatism which was made slightly better with eye patches and drops when I was about 3. But by the age of 7 this was stopped and its just been getting worse recently! I have constant double vision and prism lenses help a lot, if you have the option of them try it first... Unfortunately I will still probably need surgery in the near future But was just curious as to how you got on at your appointment recently - be good to hear how things are going for you, let me know - Emma

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply