It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
(male)

alltruist HB User
Poor vision - stiches did not dissolve

HI,

I had an accident when I was 8 yr old and scratched my right eye retina. I had surgeries performed, but my sticthes never dissolved. I remeber the doctors explaining that this is a rare case. I was recommended contact lenses, wore glasses for few years - but it never really helped. So quit using any aid's for a long time.

I had double vision all the time since then. I have cross eye now, where the eye with poor vision doesnt move in sync with the other. I have developed a habit of not to make direct eye contact, and I think am insecure about my eyes. Now that I am growing over worried about the way it looks, I am trying to see if there are any possibilities of fixing the stitches, laser treatements, or may be any cosmetic surgeries for the cross eye. Please help me with this.

I know I need to consult a doctor for this, but at least I want to know there might be hope somewhere.

Thanks.

Closed Thread

Tags
double vision, poor vision, retina tear, stiches