It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
(female)

antonial HB User
sudden onset of blurred vision as well as frequent black outs of vision

My 15 year old daughter started having migraines a couple of years ago. They usually coincided with her menstrual cycle. She has not had a headache in quite some time now, however within the last 6 months her vision has gone from near perfect (she passed her vision test at the DMV in October) to the point where she can barely see because things are so blurry. Along with the blurry vision, she is experiencing complete loss of vision several times a day which usually lasts for less than 30 seconds, but has lasted for about 2 minutes on one occasion. No other symptoms such as light-headedness, confusion, headache etc. occur during these 'episodes'. It does not occur just when she stands up or moves too quickly, and many times occurs when she's just sitting or laying around. She's been to an opthamologist, a neurologist, and has had an MRI of her brain, an MRI of the blood vessels in her brain, another MRI of the optic nerve, an EEG, an echocardiogram, and a laundry list of blood tests. Everything has come back normal, and the Dr's keep telling us that whatever it is it doesn't seem to be life threatening, so they're not too worried. Well, although it's a relief that it's not life threatening, I have a 15 year old daughter that cannot see clearly and loses her vision completely several times a day! She cannot drive, get a job, do her schoolwork (she's always been an honor student), and is very frustrated & scared that she will never see clearly again. Is this anything that sounds at all familiar to anyone? Could it be something to do with her migraines? It seems unlikely as the blurry vision is 24/7. If anyone has any advice as to what it may be or tests to suggest to our Dr's, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
blackout, blindness, blurry vision, migraine, vision blurred