It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2013, 03:34 AM   #1
(female)

Purpleholic HB User
Post Is there no one that can help me?

Hi There,
I am a 27 year old female that has suffered with red eyes for over 10 years now. I have been to many doctors all over the world who have diagnosed and prescribed me with numerous different eye drops and home remedies that has not worked except for corticosteriodal eye drops....I am aware that long term usage can cause bad side effect therefore I have not used them for over a year or two. In saying that though it is the only medication that totally takes the redness and discomfort away and I feel normal.
At the moment I am using saline eyedrops and cold compresses however it only relived the irritation for maximum 45mins to an hour.
I wear glasses whenever I am outside and feel that my eye are the worst when I wake up. At the moment I have just started a new job so therefore I do not have the finances to go to an opthomologist though i know this is best thing to do. Is there anyone that knows what else I can do to relieves the redness.

I just want the redness to go away so I can be proud of the way I look not only for myself but also for my boyfriend.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:09 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Is there no one that can help me?

Have you been tested for allergies? What about dry eye? I've had both effect my eyes in the same way. Do you spend a lot of time on the computer? If so, dry eye may be an issue. There are some gel drops you can use at bedtime - I use Systane Gel Drops. And then every morning and evening use the regular Systane drops and it takes care of that. The computer along with florescent lighting is really bad on my eyes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2013, 05:41 AM   #3
(female)

Purpleholic HB User
Re: Is there no one that can help me?

Thank you so much for your response! Yes I have been tested for allergies as well as my thyroid. One of the doctors that I went to said that it was dry eye and so she recommended Restatis which I followed the course however after a few month their was no change and so I went to another doctor who said that it was allergies and prescribed me with corticosteroid eye drops which worked very well however when I stopped the eye drops the redness came back gradually and i am also aware pf the side affects.
Hope you don't mind me asking, what is the situation with your eyes?
Does the systane drops help with the redness aswell?

Reply Reply