It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
(male)

Owen27 HB User
Pain behind my eye

Hi, I have been having these pains in the back portion of my right eye. It seems to make my right eyes water and it feels like someone is stabbing the back of my eye. I saw a doctor and it wasn't a sinus infection. I haven't been to an eye doctor yet. But the pain seems to kick in, in the afternoon. Also when I play sports, and watch tv. Does anyone now what this might be before I go to a doctor? Thanks

Old 01-15-2013, 02:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User
Re: Pain behind my eye

Wish I did know, because I have the problem too, and I too have been putting off going to the eye doctor, having to drive home dilated.

It seems more intense than just Dry Eye, right? I think mine's actually getting better and I did have an Ear and Sinus infection when it was worst.
Allergies too.

Opthalmologists prescribe so many things that "work for most people" can do permanent damage, lowered my vision from 20/40 to 20/50, that I asked a pharmacist what's good for inflammation, who said Ibuprofin, so I've been using that along with my allergy pills, and the worst pain has gone away. One eye still feels swollen when I first get up, and like a tear drainage may be too narrow or something. A male doctor had suggested punctal plugs, which can't be removed if they're causing trouble. You have to wait for them to disolve. I have metabolic drainage problems, whatever that is, due to low thyroid. Maybe ask for time to look up possible side effects? Especially if you're going to have to make another appointment anyway. Please keep us posted, and good luck.

P.S. Some meds aren't even licensed for eyes, and they prescribe them "off-label" because they "work for most people". I found out too late.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply