It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
(male)

savlor1 HB User
ongoing 9 year blood vessel inflammation

Hi. For nine straight years, I have had several inflamed blood vessels in my left eye and left eye only, going from the sclera to the cornea. I have visited many optometrists and they have told me I have dry eyes or it's the allergies, yet I somehow don't believe it. I've tried everything they've given me; eye lubricants, multiple name brand eye steroid drops for redness such as Lotemax, Zaditor and many more. Yet, the odd thing is that my eye has been perfectly fine. No vision loss, no blurriness, nothing. Everyday I have to wake up and see my left eye, bloodshot in the sclera while my right eye is perfectly fine just takes major blows to my self esteem, and has been for nine years. The day this started I remember my left eye becoming very red (possibly pink eye) but as the weeks passed the redness passed and my left eye has had two or three inflamed blood vessels ever since (the same ones). On very very rare occasions, my left eye gets itchy or it becomes more red then usual. If I close my eyes very tightly I can feel my left eye sting for a split second, while my right doesn't. Although none of the optometrists that I have visited have said so, I believe I have ongoing subconjectival hemorrhage in my left eye. I have tried Visine ONCE on the eye and it did successfully make the red blood vessel very small (but still barely red). At this stage I'm just really getting desperate for a treatment, I really can't stand waking up day after day with the same left eye, having everybody question if I have pink eye or if im contagious its really just torture. Any help is appreciated, and thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2013, 01:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User
Re: ongoing 9 year blood vessel inflammation

I don't have any info but Welcome to the Forum. Hope you get some answers.

Closed Thread