It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Sco24 HB User
Light Sensitivity

Hey everybody,

Need some help here.

So my eyes have gotten pretty sensitive to light starting about 3 or 4 days ago and I'm trying to find out why.

Assuming it's nothing major, I'd like to list some supplements that I'm taking and see if anyone knows if they can cause light sensitivity, or have experience with this sort of thing (maybe experience with this happening)

For starters I've had this happen before with Coenzyme Q10. Get sensitive to light every time I took it. But I'm NOT taking it now.

Supplements:
Alpha Lipoic Acid - 600mg daily
NAC - N-Acetyl-Cysteine (unsure on dose)
Astragulus (unsure)
Milk Thistile (450mg a day)
Turmeric (1.6 grams a day)
B-50 vitamin
Methylselenocysteine (200mg a day)

I thought I noticed it after I started the Turmeric but I've taken it a lot before and never had a problem.

I also had an intense deep tissue massage the other week (sounds funny) but maybe that could of freaked my eyes out/nervous system? haha

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. If none of these supps can cause that then obviously its something else.

Thanks!
Scott

Old 02-05-2013, 04:52 AM   #2
(female)

eyemar HB Usereyemar HB User
Re: Light Sensitivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco24 View Post
Hey everybody,

Need some help here.

So my eyes have gotten pretty sensitive to light starting about 3 or 4 days ago and I'm trying to find out why.

Assuming it's nothing major, I'd like to list some supplements that I'm taking and see if anyone knows if they can cause light sensitivity, or have experience with this sort of thing (maybe experience with this happening)

For starters I've had this happen before with Coenzyme Q10. Get sensitive to light every time I took it. But I'm NOT taking it now.

Supplements:
Alpha Lipoic Acid - 600mg daily
NAC - N-Acetyl-Cysteine (unsure on dose)
Astragulus (unsure)
Milk Thistile (450mg a day)
Turmeric (1.6 grams a day)
B-50 vitamin
Methylselenocysteine (200mg a day)

I thought I noticed it after I started the Turmeric but I've taken it a lot before and never had a problem.

I also had an intense deep tissue massage the other week (sounds funny) but maybe that could of freaked my eyes out/nervous system? haha

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. If none of these supps can cause that then obviously its something else.

Thanks!
Scott
Hey Scott!
Have you had your eyes checked for cataracts?
They make your eyes really sensitive to light.
Just a thought,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #3
(female)

mlsano HB Usermlsano HB User
Re: Light Sensitivity

Hi there. I just started on the NAC combo as well the Nacetyl and the other one you mentioned......I also take large doses of folic acid, at first for my heart now for my eyes.....large doses of A, C, E Luetin and several other you mentioned. I have not yet noticed anything strange, in fact Im trying to tell myself Im getting better. Turmeric is natural as mustard unless you got it at a strange health food store, then who knows what it is. Maybe the other guy is right you should go for a checkup!? (I also have cataracts) Good Luck, let us know!! mary

Reply Reply