It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
(male)

raspert HB User
From corneal abrasion to impaired vision

I have had a corneal abrasion 5 weeks ago and I have been followed regularly by an opthtalmologist. The abrasion occurred right next to the center of my eye so in the axis of vision. At first my vision was very blurry and I got 20/200. It went down to 20/80 in 2 days, 20/50 a week later and 20/30 two weeks later. I am now stuck around 20/30 because my vision is still impaired. Actually I don't think it has improved a bit in 2 weeks. At first I saw double or everytihng had a shadow around it. Now it's slightly better because long distance vision seems equal from both eyes. However my vision when I read on the computer is still impaired. Letters are not clear, there is some shadow around them. The doctor thinks that it's due to my healing around the axis of vision which is impairing the refraction of light and causing this. Has anyone experienced an abrasion that left no scar but an impaired vision 5 weeks or more after the injury? I have no tear, no scar, no damage whatsoever and an ephithelium layer that reconnected correctly with the underneath layer.

When I wake up in the morning my vision is sharp but it doesn't last more than 15 or 20 minutes. Then it goes bad again and for the rest of the day. My concern is that it's been like that for a couple of weeks so I don't see any improvement. Could my vision be permenantly impacted or does it take very long time to heal? I heard the healing could be similar to healing after PRK. Is this true? What does it mean when my vision is sharp for 15 minutes in the morning only?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2013, 05:29 AM   #2
(male)

hookbill HB User
Re: From corneal abrasion to impaired vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspert View Post
I have had a corneal abrasion 5 weeks ago and I have been followed regularly by an opthtalmologist. The abrasion occurred right next to the center of my eye so in the axis of vision. At first my vision was very blurry and I got 20/200. It went down to 20/80 in 2 days, 20/50 a week later and 20/30 two weeks later. I am now stuck around 20/30 because my vision is still impaired. Actually I don't think it has improved a bit in 2 weeks. At first I saw double or everytihng had a shadow around it. Now it's slightly better because long distance vision seems equal from both eyes. However my vision when I read on the computer is still impaired. Letters are not clear, there is some shadow around them. The doctor thinks that it's due to my healing around the axis of vision which is impairing the refraction of light and causing this. Has anyone experienced an abrasion that left no scar but an impaired vision 5 weeks or more after the injury? I have no tear, no scar, no damage whatsoever and an ephithelium layer that reconnected correctly with the underneath layer.

When I wake up in the morning my vision is sharp but it doesn't last more than 15 or 20 minutes. Then it goes bad again and for the rest of the day. My concern is that it's been like that for a couple of weeks so I don't see any improvement. Could my vision be permenantly impacted or does it take very long time to heal? I heard the healing could be similar to healing after PRK. Is this true? What does it mean when my vision is sharp for 15 minutes in the morning only?
Prior to receiving PTK, when I had a corneal abrasion, which I got a bout once every 2 weeks it could take as long as a week for my eye that was affected to return to normal.

I have a post above detailing my struggles with recovery from PTK and my vision can be fairly bad one day and completely blurred the next. This has been going on for four weeks this upcoming Thursday.

I suggest you have a D.O. take a look at you and see what's going on with your eyes. Corneal abrasions are very painful, but the eye is amazingly quick to heal. You may want to get started on Muro 120 drops 4-6 times a day and Muro 120 ointment at night to prevent any other erosions. If you continue to get them there are 2 choices: PTK laser surgery and Corneal Transplant.

Closed Thread